LaunchBox Community Forums

BSX / Satellaview question

Special T

I've been trying to get BSX / Satellaview games to load in the bsnes_mercury_balanced_libretro.dll core and the bsnes_balanced_libretro.dll but I can't seem to get them to work.

I put the BS-X.bin bios file in the RetroArch/System folder and I renamed my rom extensions from .bs to .sfc

When I try to load any rom, it just goes to a black screen.

Has anyone else been able to load BSX / Satellaview games?

I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong, the games still wont load in the bsnes core or the snes9x core :(  I've tried several different command lines but none of them are working

-L "cores\snes9x_libretro.dll" -bsx

-L "cores\bsnes_mercury_balanced_libretro.dll" -bsx

-L "cores\bsnes_mercury_balanced_libretro.dll" --subsystem bsx

"system\BS-X_BIOS_(English)_[No_DRM]_[2016_v1.3].sfc" -L "cores\bsnes_mercury_balanced_libretro.dll" --subsystem bsx

can someone post their command line settings and a picture of their retroarch emulator settings... maybe I accidently clicked something that is messing up satellaview emulation.

• 2 years later...

I just thought I would post this here in case anyone is having trouble getting these to work in the future. Most people seem to get these working okay and I have done so successfully in the past with snes9x core. However, for some reason they were not working for me recently when I added them again to my setup. The only thing that made these games work for me was using the mesen-s core. So, if anyone is struggling give that a shot as it may work for you too.