LaunchBox Community Forums

Anyone have luck with the Unified Bezel Pack for Mame?

alexeon

I got the full pack from emumovies, the only instructions are to move all the zip files to the artwork directory within the mame folder, so that is what I did and they are not showing up.

All of the artwork options are enabled in Mame, but i do not see any of the bezels under video options when I push Tab in-game. 

I doubled checked that the zip file matches the rom file on a few of them and made sure i was running the parent rom with matching name

I tried extracting a few of them to a folder of the same rom name, still no luck

I tried manually setting the artwork directory in Mame to make sure its looking in the right place

I am running MAME 0.183,  I normally launch games from LaunchBox but I tried launching directly from Mame as well, but nothing seems to be working

Any help would be appreciated

Metalzoic's Unified Bezel pack is a pack of RocketLauncher bezels, they will not work through MAME. It looks like Circo or whoever uploaded the packs messed up. The instructions about where to place them are for normal MAME bezels (not the RL bezels included in the pack) and the screenshots are not from the bezels in his pack either since the game area is not maximized.

1 hour ago, damageinc86 said:

I would suggest the pack for RL simply because it maximizes the game screen, and the other bezels make it pretty small.

that is the reason I got that one, but I dont really want to add RL into the mix.   Is there a way to set a default generic bezel that has the most common screen sizes in it?   I tried another pack that works but it favors the bezel over the game screen size and I cant stand having huge bezels on all 4 sides of the actual game, so I'd rather just have a default generic one that is optimized for the game screen

I've only ever used RL for having default horizontal and vertical bezels, that are included in the unified pack. I saw the realistic defaults, but they are small screen ones like we've been talking about.  If having the maximum game screen size is very important I think this pack is the only way to go.  

4 hours ago, alexeon said:

that is the reason I got that one, but I dont really want to add RL into the mix.   Is there a way to set a default generic bezel that has the most common screen sizes in it?   I tried another pack that works but it favors the bezel over the game screen size and I cant stand having huge bezels on all 4 sides of the actual game, so I'd rather just have a default generic one that is optimized for the game screen

You can check the latest MAME release (194) as it implemented artwork override and fallback options (developed by the great phulshof).

So, when you add a specific line to the horizont.ini and vertical.ini MAME files, every rom that does not have artwork for bezel, will show you the default one (or any you configure), without the need to configure a default bezel for each game. 

Edited by Kondorito

9 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

I've only ever used RL for having default horizontal and vertical bezels, that are included in the unified pack. I saw the realistic defaults, but they are small screen ones like we've been talking about.  If having the maximum game screen size is very important I think this pack is the only way to go.  

Is there a guide on setting up RL with LaunchBox?  I might give it a try if its not to complicated

• 2 years later...

I have yet to try this since I am already happy with what I have set up. But I thought it would aid some people trying it for the first time. This guy seemed to do a good job of showing a step by step instructions on how to install the bezels. It just came through one of my YouTube subscriptions the other week.