LaunchBox Community Forums

How tf do i use this. I have cds but it keeps asking for a rom file, and explains this nowhere. how do we turn cds to rom files ? and if not how tf is everyone else doing it

Matthew815

So i really want to play some games, loads of people use wii games, some 360 games etc. but whenever i try to use this software its going great during set up. All the details show fantastic. The one downside is that it never fucking starts. Every tutorial i see never explains how they get the games they want as ROM Files like even with emulators allowing iso it wont let me use mine. I'm getting so fucking stressed out over this shit, can someone explain to me how this is done. I really want to play some of my games on my pc without having to set the old consoles up. Thank you 
~Matthew

If you use Google there is lots of info out there on dumping your own disks to emulator compatible disk images and some emulators do support actual CDs. The Saturn emulator SSF supports actual CDs. I have dumped my own Saturn games using ImgBurn, just put the disk in the drive and ImageBurn will recognize it, from there just create a cue + bin image.

You will have to look up instructions though on how to rip your own disks. Most people just download them from various sites on the internet.

alright. For 360 i had just seen some testing xenia and wanted to give it a go, and do you know of a good cd ripper that i can use cause the one i wanted to try and tried to turn it to iso and stuff just didn't work out right, any suggestions ?. The one my dad uses is some platinum version of winx but without that ver i can say goodbye to iso. I haven't emulated before so that's why im being a bit stupid lol. Well thanks for the current feedback, its just anywhere i search online about making the disk images or the "ROM FILES" which i have never heard nor seen personally before nothing comes up its like a desert. Any suggested emulators/rippers would be helpful but thanks for the feedback guys

Unless xbox 360 disk ripping has changed over the years, dont you need a samsung-SH-something-something dvd rom drive (cant remember the exact name) flashed with modded firmware to rip the disks. Do you have one?

I used to have one, about 10 years ago now. Those where the days.... having a flashed 360 drive, cheap DL disks that wouldn't read without crashing and an open 360 with a fan blowing down on top of it to keep it from over heating.

You prob better off trying to "acquire" the game for pc instead of 360.

Edited by jayjay