LaunchBox Community Forums

Getting videos for games that have a video saying game not playable?

Vhero

A few PS2 games I have when i downloaded videos have simply game not playable from emumovies. They probably wernt in a version a long time ago but they definitely are now.  Is there anywhere you guys go for videos of these few games like Wild Arms 3,4 Shadow the hedgehog, spongebob lights camera action

1 minute ago, Vhero said:

Clever workaround as only happens for a few games. Shame you dont get little short clips so will have to cut myself. But its better than nothing leaving me with those dull videos. Appreciate the help.

No probs, I always search for the trailer myself, and only grab something longer if I cant find one.

• 2 years later...

Or for a more opensource alternative, I myself copy the youtube url and open it with MPC-BE (videoplayer). It can play and download youtube video's (also 4k). Then I cut a 1 min. video of that using MKVtoolnix because thats what I allready have installed. While on the subject I want to add I have a lifetime membership of Emumovies, but it's quite frustrating they concentrate on older systems. With a name like Emumovies and a membershipfee I really expect them to put in a little more effort.

*Edit*

While the post I reacted to just got deleted and it seems I necroed and old thread, I just want to point out you can download youtube video's with software you may already have installed.

Edited by Koroth

13 hours ago, Koroth said:

Or for a more opensource alternative, I myself copy the youtube url and open it with MPC-BE (videoplayer). It can play and download youtube video's (also 4k). Then I cut a 1 min. video of that using MKVtoolnix because thats what I allready have installed. While on the subject I want to add I have a lifetime membership of Emumovies, but it's quite frustrating they concentrate on older systems. With a name like Emumovies and a membershipfee I really expect them to put in a little more effort.

*Edit*

While the post I reacted to just got deleted and it seems I necroed and old thread, I just want to point out you can download youtube video's with software you may already have installed.

100% agree with this I would expect a free site to have slow content upgrade but this we pay for. Sites like https://screenscraper.fr/ have way more content already and are much newer but the support for it isnt great and without launchbox interaction we cannot really use it unless we manually download 1 by 1.

Edited by Vhero

On 10/6/2020 at 2:46 AM, Koroth said:

Or for a more opensource alternative, I myself copy the youtube url and open it with MPC-BE (videoplayer). It can play and download youtube video's (also 4k).

I have used MPC-BE for awhile but didn't know it had that capability buried in the options.  It avoids the browser (mostly paid for) plugin hassles for higher resolution versions. Thanks for that tip.