LaunchBox Community Forums

Using 2 Cores for 1 Platform in Retroarch

brenavich980

How would I import games if I wanted to use both Final Burn Alpha and MAME cores in Retroarch for my "Arcade" platform? Right now my FBA romset runs through RA and any ROMS not in the set run through standalone MAME. Both are in the Arcade platform. I'd rather have both FBA and MAME run through RA for ease of use, unity and the control options. Without having to create two separate platforms, is there a way or method to specify what core I want a ROM to run with while still being listed in the same platform?  Thanks!

7 minutes ago, brenavich980 said:

Once the MAME ROMs are switched to Arcade wouldn't they default to the associated Arcade Platform core

No, they would keep the emulator they were using before changing platforms.

7 minutes ago, brenavich980 said:

Or are you saying I need 2 RA exe's in order for this to work?

You don't need to have separate exe's, you would setup 2 emulators with their own command line parameters but they can point to the same Retroarch install.

12 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

You don't need to have separate exe's, you would setup 2 emulators with their own command line parameters but they can point to the same Retroarch install

Oh that's right. I actually did that with Demul for Dreamcast and Naomi awhile back but those were separate platforms. Guess it'd be no different than that. Thanks guys!