LaunchBox Community Forums

2 minutes ago, hhansen30 said:

I having a hard time with this theme. Im missing the picture behind the game logos (wheel)  when i go into a platform and the background and game console pictures don't display for platforms . Its just showing a giant video in its place. Anyone have any ideas? I installed the theme directly from BigBox.

Maybe you can show a image of what you mean, but i think i understand. on the platform wheel you need to download the matching unified platform videos, there are no images shown here, its a full screen video, so I'm assuming you do not have the correct video style installed.

Hi Neil9000

Thanks for answering. In the platform screenshot it just seems to play a random video in full screen. I cant seem to get the background with the video frame and the picts of the system and character that slide over. On the pict of the game wheel the background pict is missing. 

1.thumb.png.ac8463709f6b8bb775ce6e3228ac82a8.png2.thumb.png.e226f99172f8f6a229c68a06831ae7f8.png

6 minutes ago, hhansen30 said:

Hi Neil9000

Thanks for answering. In the platform screenshot it just seems to play a random video in full screen. I cant seem to get the background with the video frame and the picts of the system and character that slide over. On the pict of the game wheel the background pict is missing. 

1.thumb.png.ac8463709f6b8bb775ce6e3228ac82a8.png2.thumb.png.e226f99172f8f6a229c68a06831ae7f8.png

Yeah, cause you dont have any platform videos you are getting a random game from that platform instead (this is a option that can be turned on and off in the options). So you need to download some platform videos from Launchbox, via Tools/Download/Platform/Playlist videos. However if you want the actual unified videos that match the theme, you need a premium emumovies subscription, as those videos are hosted there.

I do have all the videos downloaded and they run fine. What I don't have is the platform, consoles and  background picture showing up .  The pic below is from the YouTube video of the theme. When I go to my GameCube in BigBox, I don't have the background, link , the GameCube or the video being small in a frame. I just have the video taking up the entire screen. Is that something that can be downloaded and if so where do I add them so they show up? 

853328057_Screenshot2022-02-05144427.thumb.png.d81cafe4f217cf16a9a74067e2c99247.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hhansen30 said:

I do have all the videos downloaded and they run fine. What I don't have is the platform, consoles and  background picture showing up .  The pic below is from the YouTube video of the theme. When I go to my GameCube in BigBox, I don't have the background, link , the GameCube or the video being small in a frame. I just have the video taking up the entire screen. Is that something that can be downloaded and if so where do I add them so they show up? 

853328057_Screenshot2022-02-05144427.thumb.png.d81cafe4f217cf16a9a74067e2c99247.png

As i stated in my previous reply, those are NOT images, they may look like that, but it is in fact a 16:9 video file. Everything in that image you show, including Link, the image of the Gamecube, as well as the gameplay video in the centre are all part of one video file.

Unified Widescreen Platform Video Themes (D-M) - Video Themes - EmuMovies

Having a weird problem or at least it seems weird to me. In the video it shows when you're scrolling through games the background of the scroll wheel stays the same as the platform basically, with the picture of the game covers, but mine is using backgrounds of the selected games and it just looks bad. I wouldn't mind it doing that with the background behind where it displays the cover, screenshot and cartridge but behind the scroll wheel its a big image so you only get a small fraction of it.

9 hours ago, hhansen30 said:

Im having a similar issue as firefromthevoid. The pic behind my game wheel is black ( highlighted in red) . How do i get a pic to put behind that?

image.thumb.png.cc0592c545fe83a8d469c88f16eb597e.png

I did what I was trying to do by going to launchbox/themes/unified&Ultrawide/images/platforms/fanart and copying the pictures I wanted into the corresponding folders in images like launchbox/images/platforms/Nintendo Game Boy Advance/fanart.

Then I moved the Fanart - Backgropunds file out of launchbox/images/"insertplatformhere" somehwere else because I don't wanna delete them but I don't want them in launchbox because it was choosing them over the background I wanted.

Then I went into the settings, enabled platform fanart backgrounds and also went to transitions and turned the game background transition to none so it's not like flashing as I scroll through games

Or at least I think this is everything I did to get it to work how I wanted

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/14/2022 at 5:32 PM, malric said:

The theme is throwing this error. I have tried repairing as well as a remove and reinstall. Any help here would be appreciated.

unified.PNG

What version of the theme are you running? Are you running the latest version from the Themes Manager? What version of Big Box are you running?