LaunchBox Community Forums

1 hour ago, jpallen88 said:

is there any way to change the background art behind the game selection wheel? when i click into a platform and the game wheel comes up, the image behind every highlighted game is stretched and awful looking, im not sure how to change that in the options to have the same background case art thats behind the platform selection wheel? thanks for the help im extremely new at this. LOVE THIS THEME!

What displays there is game fanart backgrounds, or platform fanart backgrounds if game fanart is not available. You can tweak the background priority settings in LaunchBox (uncheck them all) and then it will only use platform backgrounds if you want.

• 9 months later...
37 minutes ago, Relak said:

Hi,

Is it possible to change the background behind the wheel with a unique background (in white on my picture)?

Thanks

neo.jpg

Hmm, that image looks stretched; doesn't look like you're actually using an ultrawide monitor. Is there a reason why you want to use this version of the theme?

The images in the background on the right are just the backgrounds for the selected game. It uses the background image priorities. So you can tweak them to display whatever you want there.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Dustin2812 said:

Yes.   I went to emu movies and downloaded the unified platform videos.  Not sure where to put them but tried several different folders and none work

We'll need details in order to help you with this. It doesn't sound like things are necessarily in the correct folders. The easiest way to get platform videos is to just go to Tools > Download Platform/Playlist Theme Videos in LaunchBox. Game videos are a separate thing though, and you can download those from EmuMovies during the import processes, or by going to Tools > Download Metadata and Media.

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, billymac9941 said:

New to Big Box (great btw).  But the videos that play when you're selecting your console are not playing on mine.  It just remains a black screen with the wheel present on the right side.  How do I fix this?  Thanks!

You need to download them. Tools/Download Platform/Playlist videos, or we have a ton via the forum download section.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/16-platform-theme-videos/

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, chadfi said:

Trying to fix an alignment issue with this theme in the Arcade platform. Videos are stretched to the right of the border frame. See pic - any advice? I am using a 3440x1440 monitor, all videos are from Retrohumanoid's Unified set. 

Screenshot 2020-11-03 091129.png

I believe that is actually a misalignment in the border image. The same thing can be seen, though not as obvious) in the non-ultrawide versions. I had to modify the border images in Photoshop.

41 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I believe that is actually a misalignment in the border image. The same thing can be seen, though not as obvious) in the non-ultrawide versions. I had to modify the border images in Photoshop.

Do you have those borders saved? Could i get 'em? I swear i had this issue before and it resolved itself, but i could be remembering wrong too. 

Another issue i have is within the game view for a platform, the menu wheel is pulling background images for the highlighted game. I want to adjust the xaml to point to a static image so that the menu wheel looks the same as the platform view - not seeing anything in the wheelview xaml. Advice?
?

• 5 months later...

Hi Jason,

Love your theme. Much kudos for your work.
On the other hand, I made a small adjustment myself.
When selecting a platform I go to wheel 4 view. Which basically now shows the LOGO and video with a specific video border for each game. (1)

I changed that to showing the game theme video with parameter stretchvideo= true
So, now it always shows a game video fullscreen (minus the game wheel on the left) as opposed to the logo, background and the cartridge or disk art.

After selecting a game I get to the game details screen from where I can launch a game. (2)

That all works perfectly.
However, what I wanted to know, at the screen (wheel4gamesview.xaml)....how can I change the xaml in such a way that when it doesnt find a game theme video OR regular game video...that it reverts to just showing the default view?
With default I mean, the screen with a background, with the logo, with the small game video.

Now when it doesnt find a video, it just shows a screenshot of the game.
So, is there a way to code it in the xaml that based on what data is present, and if that data is empty, it reverts to the default view?

Thanks for any answer

On 4/8/2021 at 1:34 PM, launchretrogirl2562 said:

However, what I wanted to know, at the screen (wheel4gamesview.xaml)....how can I change the xaml in such a way that when it doesnt find a game theme video OR regular game video...that it reverts to just showing the default view?
With default I mean, the screen with a background, with the logo, with the small game video.

Now when it doesnt find a video, it just shows a screenshot of the game.
So, is there a way to code it in the xaml that based on what data is present, and if that data is empty, it reverts to the default view?

Off the top of my head, unfortunately I don't know of a way to do this. You might have better luck asking in the XAML Tips and Tricks thread though.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, joeyt9628 said:

Fantastic work! is there a way to change the backgrounds? Rather than just have the game background in the wheel section, id like to try have that as a fullscreen background.

You should be able to change the backgrounds just by replacing the images in the LaunchBox\Themes\Unified & Ultrawide\Images\Theme\Background folder.

• 9 months later...

I having a hard time with this theme. Im missing the picture behind the game logos (wheel)  when i go into a platform and the background and game console pictures don't display for platforms . Its just showing a giant video in its place. Anyone have any ideas? I installed the theme directly from BigBox.