LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified & Ultrawide

View File

Unified & Ultrawide is a new theme based on @CriticalCid's amazing Unified theme. It takes some liberties in order to make the best use of an ultrawide (21x9) monitor.

Please see @CriticalCid's original Unified theme for installation and troubleshooting instructions.

Version 1.1 - Released March 26, 2019 (REQUIRES BIG BOX VERSION 9.6 OR LATER):

• Updated to include all the latest features and improvements from Unified Redux 1.7

Version 1.0 - Initial Release

Huge thanks goes out to @CriticalCid for the theme, as well as the many different Hyperspin contributors who donated their time and talent to build an awesome, cohesive experience:

Gibbawho
@Styphelus
Unknown50862
@Klopjero
Neonrage
@knewlife
@Creloce
Ghostlost https://www.youtube.com/user/GhostlostGames
@ninja2bceen
@THK
adamg
Rkh
Rondar
@scooter1974
Zinger19
Aloner187
@guyverjay
MetalThrix
SophT
Ledgerewskie
hoscarconh https://www.youtube.com/user/hoscarconh
@viking
@RetroHumanoid http://retrohumanoid.weebly.com/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I notice that when you go into a platform, you can see the wheel curve and the pointer arrow shrinks a bit. Im not sure if that is by design or if it is an issue but it stands out to me. Other than that, this version and the original 16x9 version is a great theme. I hope that the curved wheel will be added to the original version, because i like it since it looks more like a wheel. Great job @Jason Carr and @CriticalCid for your amazing work :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ea4492 said:

I hope that the curved wheel will be added to the original version, because i like it since it looks more like a wheel. Great job @Jason Carr and @CriticalCid for your amazing work :)

That's coming for the normal Unified theme as well. Jason literally just added the option to do this 3 days ago, so it wasn't possible for me to do that until now.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hunter_ARG said:

great thanks for listening to my request to the wheel.

I think that the autor of skin should have adjust a little more the inclination of titles maybe 10º  more

My opinion too, it could use more rotation on the logos to make it look more like a wheel. Currently they look more "slanted" than rotated.

Hope criticalcid can take another look at this. (It could mean the wheel needs more space horizontally, so maybe that's why he decided to have it this way).

Just an awesome theme!!! I do have 2 questions that maybe someone can answer.

1. Can I customize each platform (videos,music ect) in this theme if so HOW? I have been messing around with the options but can't figure it out

2. I run a duel monitor setup and when I run MAME it runs my emulation on my secondary screen and every other emulator runs it on my primary screen. Not a huge deal I prefer to be consistent :) 

Loving this theme! I do have another question that I am sure someone knows. In my platforms I am getting a ton of sub catagories like SNK classics, SEGA ST-V, ect. I am wanting to clean my wheels up and combine like say sega games all under one platform.  This is what I currently look like with LB. I am assuming it is under Edit platform and folders, liek to ask first before i go chopping up my library. Thanks!5ad7f95f1d575_Wednesday_April_18_2018.thumb.png.f76bf6ea6ad52818eda194cba14decdd.png

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway to have a variation of this but to fit 16:9? You would end up with extra space at the bottom and instead of having the description scrolling from right to left in one line, just have a few more lines of description scrolling up or add additional game info in that space.

18 minutes ago, Styphelus said:

Anyway to have a variation of this but to fit 16:9? You would end up with extra space at the bottom and instead of having the description scrolling from right to left in one line, just have a few more lines of description scrolling up or add additional game info in that space.

I think Cid's original theme is probably the best solution for 16:9 (having the wheel fade out to reveal the rest), so I probably won't be making a version for 16:9 myself, but anyone is welcome to it.

On 4/18/2018 at 7:07 PM, tcrusenberry said:

Loving this theme! I do have another question that I am sure someone knows. In my platforms I am getting a ton of sub catagories like SNK classics, SEGA ST-V, ect. I am wanting to clean my wheels up and combine like say sega games all under one platform.  This is what I currently look like with LB. I am assuming it is under Edit platform and folders, liek to ask first before i go chopping up my library. Thanks!5ad7f95f1d575_Wednesday_April_18_2018.thumb.png.f76bf6ea6ad52818eda194cba14decdd.png

You can do this by selecting a bunch of games and batch editing them (right click, Edit).

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2018 at 12:33 PM, Jason Carr said:

I think Cid's original theme is probably the best solution for 16:9 (having the wheel fade out to reveal the rest), so I probably won't be making a version for 16:9 myself, but anyone is welcome to it.

Too bad. I don't like the fading wheel. One of the many reasons I switched to lunchbox. Maybe I'll try one of Grillas themes instead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Styphelus said:

Too bad. I don't like the fading wheel. One of the many reasons I switched to lunchbox. Maybe I'll try one of Grillas themes instead.

Styph, just thinking out loud as a workaround; in the Unified support topic, Cid posted what to modify in the views to keep the wheel always visible. You would need to use the box only view (without the cart/disc) so they dont overlap. And you can then show the cart/disc in the game details page once you access it (so you dont miss that artwork). I dig your idea of having the wheel always visible. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

really an amazing piece of work!

im really new to the community of launchbox  and bought it a couple of days ago..

can you maybe do me a quick favor and tell me how to change the pointer of the wheel and the background?

i found your folders with the nicely premade alternative pointer and background pictures. all i did try was to rename my alternative picture like the _default, because i thought those where the files which were used by big box..

.. didnt work ;)

tank you in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 8:33 PM, Morpher said:

really an amazing piece of work!

im really new to the community of launchbox  and bought it a couple of days ago..

can you maybe do me a quick favor and tell me how to change the pointer of the wheel and the background?

i found your folders with the nicely premade alternative pointer and background pictures. all i did try was to rename my alternative picture like the _default, because i thought those where the files which were used by big box..

.. didnt work ;)

tank you in advance!

It should be just a matter of placing or replacing the image you want in the Unified & Ultrawide\Images\Themes\Pointer folder. Make sure it's a png and name it with the platform or playlist name.

14 hours ago, Shadow805 said:

Can you please tell me how to update the game details page, I don't want the "controllers'" shown there and I want to add a different attribute there.  Any help, regarding what file to alter and with what program would be appreciated.  Thanks.

You can simply use a text editor, but theme changes will require a bit of learning. If you're familiar with HTML or XML, that's a good start. There are some tutorials on the YouTube channel here:

Thank you Jason.  I have watched the video and done tons of edits.  Most of them don't work and get errors.  It is very complicated, but very fun to try and figure out.  Thanks so much for commenting back.  I can't wait for next revision you come out with. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

is there any way to change the background art behind the game selection wheel? when i click into a platform and the game wheel comes up, the image behind every highlighted game is stretched and awful looking, im not sure how to change that in the options to have the same background case art thats behind the platform selection wheel? thanks for the help im extremely new at this. LOVE THIS THEME!