LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame 3D boxes missing

Fablog

Hi guys,

I imported the mame 3D boxes from Emumovies but missing like 800 boxes. In the emumovies donwload page they say: "these files will NOT cover 4885 games as most of the Boxes names are for various different versions of the SAME game". What workaround do you suggest to solve this problem for our community?

Thanks!

First of all if you have an Emumovies account I would download from them when importing games or updating metadata because then the Emumovie files are converted from MAME names to general LaunchBox names

Secondly have you tried downloading my other set and adding it to the 3D boxes you already have, they are specifically made from Launchbox Database flyers found here:

• Like 1

Bare in mind that LaunchBox can act strangely sometimes, it seems to be extremely sensitive especially with MAME games. For example I have Samurai Shodown V not picking up my 3D box for it. I don't know why, its in the folder and named correctly and LaunchBox has found it before but now since I re-added my Boxes today to the 3D boxes folder (after I added some Spine art to them)  LaunchBox is refusing to see the box, doesn't matter how many times I reload the images. This seems to happen a lot with my MAME games.

Well there is always that...but depending on your library that could take a very long time obviously. I really don't know what the answer is, but I have had this problem with MAME for as long as I have had LaunchBox. I did my best with My 3D Boxes in the Launchbox set ( The set in the Emumovies sync is based off an official set of flyers from Progetto snaps). I have a complete MAME set of roms and I added every single one of them clones and all, came to something like 30,000 games, and after I had imported them all and got the flyers from the LaunchBox  Database for every one that had flyers, I then created the boxes from these flyers and kept the exact same naming. Once I had done that I then re-added my games choosing the options American Region and no clones and added my boxes to the 3D folder, and after all that I still am having problems with the odd game here and there being picked up on one run and not the next. Makes no sense to me........

ok... so I just found 400 flyers in my back up launchBox folder that are not in my current LaunchBox folder.....weird, kind of an example of what I mean when I say that launchBox finds different things for MAME on different runs. I'll add these to my LaunchBox 3D Boxes Set tomorrow and post here when their ready.

I have added over 600 3D Boxes to the download to bring the total from 3196 to 3866. I have also added Spine art from the logos that are available so not every box has spine art. This is absolutely every flyer I can find. If you find a flyer without a box try reloading that image individually.

Edited by Robin55

it's simply to neaten up your collection, if you have a playlist of fighting games for example and they all have 3D art except the arcade games things can look a bit messy. And yes many arcades bought PCBs separately and put them in different machines so you could argue that point. (not just SNK with carts).

10 minutes ago, Suhrvivor said:

What are those 3D boxes supposed to have inside? The PCB?  The whole cabinet? :D

I find the concept of 3D boxes for arcades weird. :P

Well I use 3D boxes for every system, so I use these for Arcade as well so everything looks unified. I don't like having 2D and 3D boxes mixed in together,

Thanks for the update @Robin55 :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Off topic Robin55: But would you possible be able todo a pack just for the AllKiller No Filler 0.200?

I can certainly try @zetec-s-joe But I'm not to familiar with the AllKiller No Filler MAME Packs. I have never used them before and there is not much info on the MAME  0.200 version , I have been doing a bit of searching and I can only find a set for MAME 0.198. Could you tell me where I could find out more info please?

• Like 1