LaunchBox Community Forums

Self adding systems!?

Lukeyboy67

Hi guys, can someone explain what's happening here?

I booted up Launchbox just now and for some strange reason a total of 18 systems have been added to my collection! Atari classics,Capcom classics, Capcom play system I & II, Cave, Daphne, Data East classics, etc, etc....

Anyone know why this has happened and how to reverse it? I'm happy with my old list and want it back as before.

Cheers :)

Screenshot (4).png

Those are just playlists, not sure how they would appear by themselves though, you either specify it during MAME import (it's checked by default) or you create them via the tools menu. Either way close Launchbox and go to your Launchbox/Data/Playlists folder and delete them, they should be gone when you re-open Launchbox.

• Thanks 1

Quick question. I've decided to keep a few of those playlists but have a little problem....

I like my games showing as boxes on the platform page like this :-

1505120182_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.3814b1ef1d3dcaadc34a156c907d589e.pngBut, on the playlist page they show like this :-

2074889249_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.76778770296cd0851ed8fc2ab9bb63be.pngIs there a way to show the game box art instead of these logos? I've gone throught the options but can't suss it out.

Cheers :)

well since Atari Classics are for Atari Arcade games it wouldn't show the boxes like the Atari 800 does as they don't have boxes it might show the flyers if you have them but I'm not sure as I don't use those playlists myself and if they aren't coming up when you cycle through then maybe it doesn't show them.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure if you set the image type in launchbox, it'll keep it in bigbox even for playlists.

So you could try opening launchbox, changing it from "platform" to "playlist" view on the top left.

Select a playlist, then on the top right set the image type to whatever you want. Youll also be able to see how much of each type of media you have.

Then just open bigbox and see if it saved the preference. Like I said, I'm pretty sure this works at least for playlists you create, as I have all my playlists using wheel art but the systems the games are pulled from use boxes.

But as stated above, mame doesn't really have boxes, usually defaults to flyers or whatever and honestly they don't look all that good as they can be different sizes. 

Edited by fromlostdays
  • Like 1