LaunchBox Community Forums

Peoples Save and Load state setups

bbweiners

Hi,

I was curious as to what everyone is doing to setup Save and Load states with all the different emulators we all use. 

Are you guys writing an autohotkey script that works with all your emulators?

Are you using Rocketlauncher?

Do you use Retroarch and no other emulators?

Do you just use a keyboard?

I'm looking for a good idea for my new setup. I got a new computer and just don't want to have to go through the pain of setting up Rocketlauncher again.

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

Hi,

I was curious as to what everyone is doing to setup Save and Load states with all the different emulators we all use. 

Are you guys writing an autohotkey script that works with all your emulators?

Are you using Rocketlauncher?

Do you use Retroarch and no other emulators?

Do you just use a keyboard?

I'm looking for a good idea for my new setup. I got a new computer and just don't want to have to go through the pain of setting up Rocketlauncher again.

Thanks!

I use controller companion https://store.steampowered.com/app/367670/Controller_Companion/ It allows me to set up profiles for all the different emus that autoload when the emu starts. A lot of emus have different keyboard buttons for save states so I just map whatever buttons the emu uses to the same button combo on my controller for every emu. I use back/select and left shoulder to save, and back/select right shoulder to load. As I said it doesn't matter what button the actual emu uses as you can map any keyboard button to any controller button or button combo.

51 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I use controller companion https://store.steampowered.com/app/367670/Controller_Companion/ It allows me to set up profiles for all the different emus that autoload when the emu starts. A lot of emus have different keyboard buttons for save states so I just map whatever buttons the emu uses to the same button combo on my controller for every emu. I use back/select and left shoulder to save, and back/select right shoulder to load. As I said it doesn't matter what button the actual emu uses as you can map any keyboard button to any controller button or button combo.

That's exactly the kind of neat idea I never would have thought of.

It looks like an app that essentially works like autohotkey with different profiles, but it does everything for you. It seems like that would be well worth 3 dollars.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using rocketlauncher' pause menu for years, but I noticed that somewhere during the higher launchbox version numbers it stopped being able to steal focus from launchbox and displays in the background, but you can still hear the select sounds.  So it's basically useless nowadays, but it used to work great.

51 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I have been using rocketlauncher' pause menu for years, but I noticed that somewhere during the higher launchbox version numbers it stopped being able to steal focus from launchbox and displays in the background, but you can still hear the select sounds.  So it's basically useless nowadays, but it used to work great.

that's good to know as I was heavily considering setting up RL to create fade screens with per game control diagrams before the game launches as well as having the walkthroughs/movesets available in the pause menu but if it doesn't work right anymore then I'll hold off until those features are integrated into launchbox.