LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam videos are no longer importing :(

Harper

It seems that recently all the games I import from my Steam library are no longer coming with their Steam trailers. Instead, I only have screen shots. Not the end of the world obvs, but I was wondering if there was something I've accidently changed to prevent them from being downloaded. I love scrolling through Big Box and watching all the trailer videos so any help would be appreciated. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 9:51 AM, rodasTM said:

Hi all,

Is already working?

Hi @Jason Carr can you say if this feature is working? I am really think buy a license.

Thanks

I plan to attempt to fix this soon, but honestly I've tried to fix it in the past without success. I think Steam's API is either being glitchy or they're somehow blocking us again. I will revisit soon.

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I plan to attempt to fix this soon, but honestly I've tried to fix it in the past without success. I think Steam's API is either being glitchy or they're somehow blocking us again. I will revisit soon.

Hope you can fix it.

I am tired how steam looks, want something new. This function is important for me, will be painful download manually about 300 videos.

Thanks for your reply and congratulations for your work.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

FYI guys, I've given this issue to our new developer @CBeatt13, so it's on his plate. He may not get to it right away though. We also may or may not be able to resolve it, depending on if the issue is with Steam or not (and if there's actually a solution).

Thank you for the answer, I appreciate it. If it can't be solved, could it be bypassed with a similar system to GOG Galaxy 2.0 that put youtube's window inside the client to show the trailers? Sorry for my english.

2 minutes ago, Satori Ankh said:

Thank you for the answer, I appreciate it. If it can't be solved, could it be bypassed with a similar system to GOG Galaxy 2.0 that put youtube's window inside the client to show the trailers? Sorry for my english.

We probably won't go to that length to put a YouTube video in, but hopefully we can get it resolved.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Thank you for the answer, I appreciate it. If it can't be solved, could it be bypassed with a similar system to GOG Galaxy 2.0 that put youtube's window inside the client to show the trailers? Sorry for my english

Also, there is a really excellent plugin that allows you download youtube videos for your steam games and it sorts and names the videos for you. Check it out, I think it's in the Third Party Apps section. I can double check and find a link later if you need me to.

Edit, I quoted a quote and it attributed it to the wrong author.  

Edited by fromlostdays