LaunchBox Community Forums

Redream Emulator setup

LK236

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, REDNivars said:

Hi, 

I'm having the same issue as above where Redream loads into the emulator rather than the rom selected in LB. The rom files I have range from .cdi, .chd and .nrg

Any advice on how I can get Redream to load directly into the game. 

Thanks

In the emulator Details section (in LaunchBox)  for your Demul emulator, do you have all the boxes UN-checked?  i.e. 'Don't use Quotes...' is un-checked?

40 minutes ago, REDNivars said:

Hi,

Yes all the boxes are unchecked as advised earlier on this thread. I believe it has something to do with file names - what format is best to use with Redream ?

From the emulators website Help section:

"Redream supports any GDI, BIN/CUE, CHD or CDI disc image. However, not all images are created equal and we strongly advise against using CDI images."

Do the images you have in .chd format work?

1 hour ago, REDNivars said:

The games work when directly launched from Redream but was having issued loading redream into the game from Launchbox. I have a mixture of files so am going to do a little clean up and remove anything but CHD files

Have you verified that the CHD's are able to launch from LaunchBox without issue?