LaunchBox Community Forums

Game "snaps"/videos - Do I really have to download them manually from EmuMovies?

dannyg86

I'm fine with doing this, even though it's a depressing experience with all the wait timers and such..

But I'm just curious if LaunchBox supports a method of finding and downloading the relevant game video snaps (the videos that play for each game) automatically?
Emumovies process is arduous as it goes like this:

• Click download button
  • See list of files
  • Click 3 that you want (after ctrl+f to find the games you need)
  • As soon as one file starts downloading, it closes the file list and you have to scroll back to the top to start again
  • Rinse and repeat.

I've almost finished my N64 set of video snaps, but I'm dreading doing this for all my games.

Is there a better way?
Thanks!

PS: I know you can pay to remove the download limits and such, but I'm a chronic pain sufferer and unable to work as a result, so I really don't have the money to do this (otherwise I would gladly support them).

Please don't take this as a complaining thread, it's far from it. I just want to see if i'm missing something obvious.

If this feature doesn't exist, maybe it could be a feature request? :)

Edited by dannyg86

If you have an Emumovies account and you have added it in the Options menu in LB, when you import games you can check the Emumovies box of videos and LB will import the games and will search for metadata, media and Emumovies videos.

If you already have the games imported, just select the ones you want to add videos to, or select them all and then choose to update metadata and media only when there is missing media, and only select the Emumovies videos checkbox. Should be done in a couple of mins.

9 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

If you have an Emumovies account and you have added it in the Options menu in LB, when you import games you can check the Emumovies box of videos and LB will import the games and will search for metadata, media and Emumovies videos.

If you already have the games imported, just select the ones you want to add videos to, or select them all and then choose to update metadata and media only when there is missing media, and only select the Emumovies videos checkbox. Should be done in a couple of mins.

Thanks for responding.

I figured that would be the way to do it, but I see no such option:

no_option.jpgconnected_to_emumovies.thumb.PNG.fac26ff586422f232fd609642f031a4b.PNG

Edited by dannyg86

Just now, Kondorito said:

It seems then that if you are not an Emumovies premium you need to download the videos in LQ from the site directly. Havent messed with LB with a regular EM account so not 100% sure though. 

Ah, right.

That would make sense as you get FTP access with Premium (EmuMovies).

Oh well, back to the grind I guess :)

Thanks anyway.

• 3 years later...

Took me a hot second.  My wrong turn was selected the games and then right clicking to open the wizard.

INSTEAD
1. CTRL+Click Games you wanted seleced
2. In Top Nav go to tools/download/ Update Metadata for selected games

This worked for me and saved an unblievable amount of time