LaunchBox Community Forums

set up questions

2ball

11 minutes ago, 2ball said:

I have Launch Box installed.  I used the download full mame set function to download the roms.

when I click on the box art, it will go to a screen that says initializing, but then it goes back to the box art screen.

what am I doing wrong?

Launchbox doesnt download any roms, you have to supply them yourself.

Just now, 2ball said:

I explained that wrong.

I have 16GB of mame roms in roms folder of the emulator I picked Mame64.

when I click on the box art, it will go to a screen that says initializing, but then it goes back to the box art screen.

OK, well your issue there is that 16GB is nowhere near a full MAME romset, it looks like you have a handpicked collection of roms so you shouldnt be using the fullset importer, that is stictly for a fullset. So its likely the games that are not loading you dont actually have. Also you will need to no what romset version your roms are from, and use the matching version of the emulator or they likely wont work. Also also, depending on the type of roms you actually have (there are 3 types, merged, non-merged and split) you may not have the required bios files to run those games. Also another thing have you told MAME where your roms are stored as it needs to know this in order to load them.

There are lots of potential issues here as to why they dont load.

It's maybe worth trying to launch a particular game directly from MAME first to make sure everything is set up correctly. You need to correct Bios files and also (I think) you need the correct ROM path set in MAME.ini (but I might be wrong about this - maybe launchbox sorts that for you?). 

If you can run a particular game direct from MAME then open launchbox and try and start the same game from there. 

5 hours ago, 2ball said:

Thanks for all of the info.  Some of the roms do work.  I assume I have an issue with the roms I have and the emulator I'm using.

Yep, if *some* are working then it's probably either a bios issue or maybe certain chd files missing but it sounds like your overall settings must be fine. :)