LaunchBox Community Forums

Bounty: BigBox full console-like theme

alfredolvera

Almost all artwork is shared and modified at some point. Most of time people are borrowing art from google search, most users will credit back to content creators. No one I know of on these forums is in the business of stealing artwork from someone else. Unless you hand draw it from scratch or going in deep with photoshop I don't see how anyone can own something. If you put it online people are going to use it. I dont have such a ego that warrants anyone not to use something I share.

Taking a picture in google is normal, but cut it right into Photoshop, apply effects, requires knowledge and time!
It has images that have no quality and are small so you need to use Adobe ilustrator, all this has to be taken into consideration!
And because of lack of respect in the community I'm putting watermarks on my themes, wheels, pointers, fades, bezels and anything made for frontends!
Now you will be forced to show who is the true creator of such media!

Just now, ghostlost said:

Taking a picture in google is normal, but cut it right into Photoshop, apply effects, requires knowledge and time!
It has images that have no quality and are small so you need to use Adobe ilustrator, all this has to be taken into consideration!
And because of lack of respect in the community I'm putting watermarks on my themes, wheels, pointers, fades, bezels and anything made for frontends!
Now you will be forced to show who is the true creator of such media!

Well unfortunately i think you will find that people just wont use your work if it is watermarked. Your choice of course though.

To any mod: I think it's better to close this topic, if you agree. Conversation is all over the place, with lots of negativity toward LB and BB, not at all my intention with the original posting. If this gets locked, and some other theme creator wants the bounty, just please know it's still on.

Thanks all.

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Well unfortunately i think you will find that people just wont use your work if it is watermarked. Your choice of course though. 

I think that you are totally wrong, including in my channel that has almost 8k of subscribers, most of them supported me in putting watermark because the sellers are using my creations without credit and by people who use my creations without giving the credits!

9 minutes ago, alfredolvera said:

To any mod: I think it's better to close this topic, if you agree. Conversation is all over the place, with lots of negativity toward LB and BB, not at all my intention with the original posting. If this gets locked, and some other theme creator wants the bounty, just please know it's still on.

Thanks all.

@alfredolvera I'm in full agreement; thanks for stepping up and putting that out there.

@ghostlost I can't speak for any users, but we do our best to credit original media creators as much as possible around here, and we appreciate everyone's work very much.

I'm closing this thread.