LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES not working

calico33

Hey guys!, Thanks for the help, I forgot that I didn't have direct X on this PC yet. Had to reinstall windows when i got this pc and forgot about direct x, so thank you for the help and i have two more questions, I played super ghouls n ghosts on snes and it slowed down when more enemies came on screen, how do you fix that and I tried importing turbo graphix 16 last night and can't get them to run, Don't know where the bios goes, are the the bios and roms suppose to be pcie or zipped. I really appreciate the help, thank you!!!

1 minute ago, calico33 said:

Hey guys!, Thanks for the help, I forgot that I didn't have direct X on this PC yet. Had to reinstall windows when i got this pc and forgot about direct x, so thank you for the help and i have two more questions, I played super ghouls n ghosts on snes and it slowed down when more enemies came on screen, how do you fix that and I tried importing turbo graphix 16 last night and can't get them to run, Don't know where the bios goes, are the the bios and roms suppose to be pcie or zipped. I really appreciate the help, thank you!!!

Ghouls and ghosts slowed down horribly on the original snes hardware, so if you are using a accurate emulator it will there also.

23 minutes ago, voicesinthedark said:

Just to clarify my intentions with telling calico33 that I could just upload the file for them to download, sometimes a directx reinstall doesn't always fix it and not everyone knows how to extract individual files from cab files so I was offering as an alternative to what most people end up doing and downloading it from one of those .dll sites which is never a good idea. 

While we appreciate the well intentioned offer a user should really use the official installers from microsofts website. As you yourself said

23 minutes ago, voicesinthedark said:

downloading it from one of those .dll sites which is never a good idea. 

And that is absolutely correct, but downloading it from a random guy on a forum is also a bad idea. I'm not for one second saying that the files you have are not legit at all, its just that users need to be careful where they get files like that from, hence we prefer to link the official place to get them rather than than have to go on the word of someone who with all due respect is a total stranger to the person needing the file.