LaunchBox Community Forums

Mouse stuck in top left corner

oxitran

So for launchbox only, my mouse is stuck in the top left corner of the screen and can't be moved away without it going right back. This was not an issue until about a year ago, at which point I gave up on launchbox. However, with a new license and a year of updates, I came back, but the issue persists even with a new install. Is there any known solution to this?

2 minutes ago, oxitran said:

So for launchbox only, my mouse is stuck in the top left corner of the screen and can't be moved away without it going right back. This was not an issue until about a year ago, at which point I gave up on launchbox. However, with a new license and a year of updates, I came back, but the issue persists even with a new install. Is there any known solution to this?

No there is no known solution for this as it's the first time we have ever heard of this issue. To be honest with you it sounds like a hardware or software issue on your PC as i have never heard anyone with this issue before. Have you tried unplugging USB devices and plugging them back in one by one to see if something is interfering with your mouse? It could also be a controller plugged in with the analog stick drifting slightly.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

No there is no known solution for this as it's the first time we have ever heard of this issue. To be honest with you it sounds like a hardware or software issue on your PC as i have never heard anyone with this issue before. Have you tried unplugging USB devices and plugging them back in one by one to see if something is interfering with your mouse? It could also be a controller plugged in with the analog stick drifting slightly.

I thought it was an issue on my pc also. But after unplugging USB and disabling USB devices, the issue still persists and only occurs once launchbox opens. It is the only program on my pc that does this also, even hid sensitive apps like retroarch are unaffected. It is an isolated launchbox issue and persists upon new installs.

Just now, oxitran said:

I thought it was an issue on my pc also. But after unplugging USB and disabling USB devices, the issue still persists and only occurs once launchbox opens. It is the only program on my pc that does this also, even hid sensitive apps like retroarch are unaffected. It is an isolated launchbox issue and persists upon new installs.

Then that is very strange because as i said this is the first report of this i have ever heard, and since you last used Launchbox the program has been completely rewritten in a different environment, and the UI interaction has been re-written also. Do you have controllers enabled in the options? If so does disabling it affect it at all?

Just now, oxitran said:

Disabling the gamepad fixed it. The gamepad ID is vmultia HID, and there is a HID device in my device listing that for some reason cannot be changed at all, and seems to be a ghost link created by some software on my pc, but I have no idea which.

Glad you got it sorted. It was very unlikely this was a Launchbox issue as, as i said its been re-written since you last had the issue, lets hope you can now track down the software causing the issue.

It turns out that toggling the gamepad setting was all that was needed to fix the issue. I disabled the gamepad option, but when I re-enabled it, the mouse issue no longer happened, but I hadn't changed anything else. I don't know why or what happened, I'm just glad its fixed and I know a good solution for if it happens again.

• 1 year later...

I just had it happen to me, it worked normally as soon as I unplugged the gamepad Razer Orbweaver, but it seems to be very specific because it didn't happen when I had it hooked to 2 1080p monitor, it started after I switched one of the monitors to 4k resolution.

• 10 months later...

Just happend to me. It goes up there, and I can pull it, but as soon as I stop dragging it runs back up in the left corner.

It's only in Launchbox... I'm unable to fix it. Unplugged all controllers, no difference, reboot  and so on... Nothing works (at least not Launchbox).