LaunchBox Community Forums

Will not open at all.

talonsito

Hello all. I've been using Launchbox for months and got a premium account. Last night I was using LB and it crashed. Basically, if I click on the exe the indicator spins, but then nothing happens. It will not load LB or BB. I've since tried reinstalling from the last update and even a fresh install. I've copied the settings files from Back up to data folders, I've checked windows permissions as well. I have also checked the Antivirus program. Same thing still happening. Not sure how to get it to work again as I've tried all I know and could find in these forums. Maybe I need to wait for the next release. Any help here is welcome.
Thanks so much for reading.

Edited by talonsito

37 minutes ago, talonsito said:

Restarted into safe mode and reinstalled LB since it was not giving me an error message. Gives me the error message in the picture. Not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

IMG_20181125_155901.jpg

I'm sorry to hear @talonsito; I have honestly never seen anything like that error message before. Unfortunately I suspect there's either some kind of issue with your Windows installation, or there's some kind of issue with your .NET framework install.

Have you tried any other apps? I would also try running chkdsk on your hard drive to make sure your hard drive isn't corrupted.

Ok so I did chkdsk and no errors were found. Reinstalled .NET Framework and still didn't work. Rebooted again. Tried to reinstall LB again. Rebooted again... Still doesn't work. Did a refresh windows from recovery options. Still doesn't work... Guess I'll have to do a complete new install on Windows. Anyone else have ideas? I don't want to go dig into the registry but I think that is where the problem may be.

So I tried SFC ScanNow. It didn't help but told me there were some damaged files. I tried everything but could not solve the issue. Ended up reinstalling Windows to fix it. I assume when the PC crashed last night it corrupted registry files associated with LB since that was the only thing affected.

Thanks again for all of your help! In the end, I got my LB back up and running again in no time after fixing Windows.