LaunchBox Community Forums

Artwork and bezels in MAME

Ninjadog

Hopefully this is the right place and ok to post this question.

I am having a hell of a time trying to get the MAME64 0.203 to load images in that big window that says image. Also cannot figure out the bezels which is really what I want to get going. I have searched the net and looked at Youtube but I dunno I need a good step by step guide. I'm on Win8. I have multimedia folders and been trying files from pregetto but still can't seem to really get started.

I have no issues getting the cover art into Launchbox, just MAME specifically. Ideally I would launch games from Bigbox and have the bezels appear in the games.

14 hours ago, Ninjadog said:

I am having a hell of a time trying to get the MAME64 0.203 to load images in that big window that says image.

Are you talking in MAME itself?  i.e. when you open mame64.exe?  If so, probably just a matter of setting up the directories in MAME.  Like... "Configure Options", "Configure Directories"...

As for Bezels, a good source is Mr. Do's Arcade - In-Game Arcade Artwork and his how-to FAQ...  MAME Artwork FAQ.  

To get MAME to show bezels while playing games just add the bezels (still zipped of course) to the MAME/artwork folder, they should just work. If they dont you may need to enable bezels in the Arcade64 UI, i believe in the normal MAME they are enabled by default. You do not need anything to show in that window inside of the UI, just place them in the artwork folder.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Another question, from retroroms I can get update packs, do I just overfile into my existing mame romset (merged) or so I have to use clrmame to do the update? Seems so painful and I'm apparently behind in romsets, maybe best to just bulk download the latest romset?

Short answer, bulk download the latest romset.

Long answer (and method), to use the update packs you'd have to use Clrmamepro.  Also, to get to the current 0.221 from 0.209 you will need every update pack from .209-->.210  thru .220-->.221.   So that's like 12 update pack sets.

at 12 packs you would probably be better off just getting the newest set instead of running all of those updates. If you go that route you can just download the newest torrent to your existing set and it will check it against what you already have and fill in the blanks

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys, late to the party.

The Bezels all work with MAME v0,264 (launching via Launchbox) but the issue is that the actual MAME-gaming screens are in the foreground, meaning that the screen corners overlap the graphics of the Bezel-TV-frame; and that looks pretty silly. That is also happening, when I deform the screen to have the rounded CTR-surface-effect.

This is ONLY happening, with the games that has a vertically layed out aspect ratio, like Pac-Man, which. For all the 4:3 layed out games, the Bezels work perfectly.

Can you help me, getting the Bezels running in the foreground to cover those corners? Thank you a lot.

Edited by matsrats