LaunchBox Community Forums

Getting error when i start launchbox ( parrents.xml is corrupet )

mhd4mhd

Hi , im having a problems for 3 months now i had searched and tried my best to fix it but im not able to make it work

and i really dont want to delete all of my settings :(

my problem happened after i last time updated my launchbox than its stop working  i will post a picture of what its showing i hope there is an easy fix for this problemimage.thumb.png.6100b1a45592482a024a0e4d9c65c9f7.pngand i dont have any parents.xml file in my date folder

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 1:28 AM, RetroHumanoid said:

Look in your Backups folder...there should be a file,or files like the ones highlighted in the picture below...copy the one with the most recent date,into the root of the Data folder and rename it to Parents.xml

1626707090_BackupFolder.thumb.png.025e3139aab21fa548d2542db48214bf.png

i dont have any parrents file name in my backup

On 12/21/2018 at 3:51 AM, DOS76 said:

Try creating an empty txt file named parents.xml and see what happens then.

I tried to make an empyty txt but i still getting error

image.thumb.png.4e6597bdfad393e3ef11e2c9cea8d2ac.png

I just fixed my problem , first i removed the new txt file that i name it to parents.xml

and then edit my LaunchBox.xml , i found the last update had break my xml and there were some "<AplicationPath>" is missing from my xml

so i used Notepad++ to replace all games that missing this path and now my launchbox back working finally again :')

thank you every one for trying to help me ❤️  

2 minutes ago, mhd4mhd said:

I just fixed my problem , first i removed the new txt file that i name it to parents.xml

and then edit my LaunchBox.xml , i found the last update had break my xml and there were some "<AplicationPath>" is missing from my xml

so i used Notepad++ to replace all games that missing this path and now my launchbox back working finally again :')

thank you every one for trying to help me ❤️  

"You! fixed it?