LaunchBox Community Forums

Need Help Setting Up X-Arcade Trackball

beboprs

I've setup the trackball to be detected in Windows and LB, however when I launch any games that use the trackball such as Golden Tee, Centipede, etc. the trackball doesn't work. I'm able to move it around as a mouse but that's about it. I'm sure this is a pretty simple setup, however I have not been able to figure it out.

I'm using Retroarch for most of my games. Any help would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you in advance!

I ended up getting the trackball to work per your instructions via the Mame executable directly which is great but do you know if there's a way to get this working via LB when using RetroArch? When I launch the game via LB the trackball simply acts as a mouse and the game doesn't recognize it for some reason.

Thanks again! 

• 7 months later...

I'm reviving this old thread because I'm at a loss.  I tried two versions of golden tee ('99 and 2k) for the first time but my trackball isn't working.  I can swing the club with the joystick but I'd rather use the trackball.

I have the mouse enabled in my ini file:

# CORE INPUT OPTIONS
#
coin_lockout              1
ctrlr                     
mouse                     1
joystick                  1
lightgun                  1
multikeyboard             0
multimouse                1

# CORE INPUT AUTOMATIC ENABLE OPTIONS
#
paddle_device             mouse
adstick_device            joystick
pedal_device              joystick
dial_device               mouse
trackball_device          mouse
lightgun_device           lightgun
positional_device         keyboard
mouse_device              mouse

Edited by midd

17 minutes ago, midd said:

I'm reviving this old thread because I'm at a loss.  I tried two versions of golden tee ('99 and 2k) for the first time but my trackball isn't working.  I can swing the club with the joystick but I'd rather use the trackball.

Since you're using multi mouse, there is a chance your device order has changed. If you hit TAB in MAME and go to game input and reset analog x & y, is it different from what was previously set? If so, you need to use MAME's device mapping to make your mice indexes constant.