LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox View Won't Change After Selection

NooNaN

HI Guys - I searched for a similar thread, but couldn't find anything.

My only issue is that when I'm in BigBox and go-to options in order to change the "view" of the games list, my selection does nothing in practice.  The default, games list view is fine and the only other one that comes up is the full-screen coverflow.  It actually changes to that even when selecting a vertical scroll sometimes too.

I'm thinking this is something simple, but if more details are needed, please let me know.  Thanks for the help!

Best thing to do is set a key or button to "Switch View" This way you can be in the systems and see the view change real time as opposed to setting it in the options. Do this by going into the controller or keyboard mapping options. You will see a "Switch View" item. 

You can also set the view per platform if you so choose. To do this go into the view option in BigBox and tick the box for "Remember Separate View Per Platform".

2 minutes ago, NooNaN said:

Great tip - thank you.  I will try this today.

Is that known to also "fix" the issue of it not changing from the options menu, in addition to it being overall easier?

Not sure if it is a fix as I do not recall anyone posting it being an issue before. I just tested and views changed ok from the setting menu on my set-up. 

So I tried this and the hotkey is a great tip.  Oddly, it does now show more of the views as I cycle with the hotkey, but still not all of them.  I'm getting only (1) vertical scroll view and missing a couple of others.  Weird.

Any ideas?  

2 hours ago, NooNaN said:

Weird, it still skips over several of them, even with the default theme.

Keep in mind the platform list and the games list will have different numbers of views. Just checked and looks in the default theme platform views had 6 totals view styles and the games list had 12 or 13. Some may have only subtle differences.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
11 hours ago, bikeking8 said:

Having the same problems, didn't want to create a duplicate thread. I've restarted and refreshed images, using the Default theme - won't change the views. Any advice? (on newest beta)

Hi @bikeking8. From what Retro808 said earlier in this thread, best thing to do is to set a Switch View hotkey. Then you can change views on the fly.