LaunchBox Community Forums

How to batch edit additional apps

Retrofrogg

• 4 months later...

It's the type of feature that most people don't think/care about until they need it... and then they really need it; but that also means it isn't likely to get much attention in the polls (which is unfortunate, because I'd love to have it myself).

• Like 1

Maybe if people knew why it was such an important feature they'd be more willing to vote for it?  

For me personally, I'm currently in AHK hell trying to run a batch file to get my resolution to change back to 640x480 on my arcade monitor when I exit Retroarch.  (I'm using super resolutions). Using the additional apps feature and pointing it to my batch file works perfectly. 

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get it working. 

Probably the fastest thing to do would be to edit the xml directly, rather than through the actual LB UI. Open up the platform xml in data\platforms in Notepad++ and use the ones that you've already done as an example.

I'd recommend backing up the .xml first...

Alternately, if whatever you using in the script isn't game-specific, you could add it as part of the autohotkey section of your Retroarch emulator entry itself, rather than on a per-game basis.

Thanks, I just have a simple batch file that runs a command line program to change the resolution.  

It just runs this one command:

changescreenresolution.exe /w=640 /h=480 /f=60 /b=32 /d=0

I'm trying to figure out how to implement either the command itself, or running the batch file when Retroarch exits  as an AHK.  I thought I had it working, but it only worked one time.  I thought maybe the AHK was still running, but even after a reboot it didn't work anymore.

What command/s could I try in the AHK section to run that on exit?