LaunchBox Community Forums

CoinOP

faeran

10 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

@faeran @Retro808 Hey fella's: After getting my mess cleaned up, back to the theme issue. I downloaded v3.0 from the forums and get no working videos in the theme (see screenshot)

However, when I go into Options>Manage Themes is shows as needing update, I can update it and it works perfect. 

ForumDowload.thumb.jpg.76cfafd167fdba4b7a7f5c2fe6cf5a7a.jpg

It shows as needing an update because I haven't uploaded this version to the theme manager yet, so it doesn't know that it's newer than the older version up there. Updating through the theme manager will download the older version.

As to why your videos don't work with this theme, I'm not sure. You can check theme specific options to see if there's anything in there messing with your setup.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, faeran said:

It shows as needing an update because I haven't uploaded this version to the theme manager yet, so it doesn't know that it's newer than the older version up there. Updating through the theme manager will download the older version.

As to why your videos don't work with this theme, I'm not sure. You can check theme specific options to see if there's anything in there messing with your setup.

Okie dokie, let me see what I can find. Thanks for getting back so quick

32 minutes ago, faeran said:

I don't know my friend? I don't seem to be finding anything. It will "View video fullscreen" from the game details. I love the changes made BTW

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RagingBull said:

Testing some things on a fresh build and installed the coinop theme. It says "any" resolution but then it's doesn't work for 21:9. I assume there is a fix for it with it being any resolution rather then just 16:9 so just wondering what I'd have to do to fix it. Thanks.

image.thumb.png.4cd07042a93ef0869eeed8441358d1d2.png

You are confusing Aspect Ratio (the height and width of a monitor - 4:3, 16:9, 21:9) with Resolution (number of pixels - 1080p, 1440p, 4k, etc.). This theme would likely need some coding update to fit better on that aspect ratio monitor. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you @faeran for this great Theme. 
Maybe noob questions, but i stuck on two problems.

1. if i want to change the controller colors from“ red left/blue right“ to „blue left/red right“.
i just have to search all theme files and replace red to blue and blue to red?
(i will do that because the colors from my stick/buttons from my Cab is in that way.)

2. Marquee View didnt work on Playlist view for me. I see always the default „Arcade Classic“ Picture.
I create Collection Playlists, but i cant figured out how to change the Marquee.
Game View works fine.

Maybe you have any hints for me? (and sorry for the poor english)

Edited by abunille

On 11/12/2023 at 6:22 PM, abunille said:

Thank you @faeran for this great Theme. 
Maybe noob questions, but i stuck on two problems.

1. if i want to change the controller colors from“ red left/blue right“ to „blue left/red right“.
i just have to search all theme files and replace red to blue and blue to red?
(i will do that because the colors from my stick/buttons from my Cab is in that way.)

2. Marquee View didnt work on Playlist view for me. I see always the default „Arcade Classic“ Picture.
I create Collection Playlists, but i cant figured out how to change the Marquee.
Game View works fine.

Maybe you have any hints for me? (and sorry for the poor english)

For 1.:
Ok, i see that Button color replacement cant be done. The buttons are fixed in the "Arcade Machine.png" file. Its a pity but still a great theme.

Edited by abunille

• 4 months later...

Daft question - I just have this setup on an arcade cabinet replacing Hyperspin for arcade games/mame only. Is it possible to remove the "press A to play" prompt on the top level/wheel or even better edit the text to say "Press Player 1 to play"?

As a follow up (sorry) is there a way to map a default "back" button to go up a menu level/back and "Favourites" dedicated play list options to  arcade cab buttons. Sorry for the noob question, i'm just a little hesitent to risk breaking stuff :) 

Edited by Traulq

2 hours ago, Traulq said:

Daft question - I just have this setup on an arcade cabinet replacing Hyperspin for arcade games/mame only. Is it possible to remove the "press A to play" prompt on the top level/wheel or even better edit the text to say "Press Player 1 to play"?

I think those are images. You can go into the LaunchBox\Themes\CoinOP\Media\Controller folder and swap out the buttons there with ones that better match your cab.

2 hours ago, Traulq said:

As a follow up (sorry) is there a way to map a default "back" button to go up a menu level/back and "Favourites" dedicated play list options to  arcade cab buttons. Sorry for the noob question, i'm just a little hesitent to risk breaking stuff :) 

Might be because it's late here, but I'm not fully understanding this question. Maybe you can rephrase exactly what you are wanting to accomplish and I'll see if I could help.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...