LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox + Mame + Controller strange issue

chemdream

Hi all,

First post, new Bigbox license owner.

When I launch a MAME game from Launch box, it works great with my PS4 controller. I spent the last hour mapping everything. All is good.

However, in Bigbox, when I launch the same game, the controller doesn't work. In MAME, when I press TAB and edit the controls, and I try to map the control to my controller, it's not sensing I pressed a button.

For example, I select P1 UP, I press enter, and then UP on the controller.... nothing... 

I quit Bigbox, boot Launchbox, and it works perfect.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this is a repeat question.

1 hour ago, Zaazu said:

I had this exact problem the other day.

Are you using DS4Windows or InputMapper? If so, you need to run those programs as administrator.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not running any of those programs. Just using Mame and retroarch for mappings 

Make sure you are not accidentally running BigBox as admin.

Also, If you are using something like MameUI or Arcade64 make sure your Mame.Ini is located in the root folder of your Mame where the Mame exe is. If it is not there look in the Ini folder for it and place it in the root folder. Although this may not be an issue as that usually affects both LaunchBox and BigBox. 

• 1 month later...