LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Teknoparrot Rocketlauncher tutorial

sucramjd

Guide on how to set up Teknoparrot with launchbox and rocketlauncher, make sure to add txt extension in rocket launcher and tick virtual emulator under global properties on Pc launcher, next up Taito Type x :)  sorry about my poor editing I was in a rush, no crappy music either think it's kind of distracting when watching a tutorial.

Edited by sucramjd
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey there, Can anyone tell me how I can exit out of a Teknoparrot game. Esc on the keyboard works obviously but while in BigBox on an arcade cabinet my mapped button for 'close active window' will not work. Works for everything else. I tried to use a running AHK for an esc command but still no luck. Is there a working AHK for ESC that I can map to Joy1 Button 9 ?

• 5 months later...
On 10/17/2019 at 3:40 AM, drewjbx said:

Hey there, Can anyone tell me how I can exit out of a Teknoparrot game. Esc on the keyboard works obviously but while in BigBox on an arcade cabinet my mapped button for 'close active window' will not work. Works for everything else. I tried to use a running AHK for an esc command but still no luck. Is there a working AHK for ESC that I can map to Joy1 Button 9 ?

I figured out a way. It's something to do with having to run Teknoparrot as an administrator it won't allow  bigbox to end it so what you need to do is left click the Bigbox icon > compatibility > run this program as an administrator.

quitting always seems to work for me when you do this.

10 hours ago, Lobodamainman said:

I figured out a way. It's something to do with having to run Teknoparrot as an administrator it won't allow  bigbox to end it so what you need to do is left click the Bigbox icon > compatibility > run this program as an administrator.

quitting always seems to work for me when you do this.

However, we do not recommend running BigBox or LaunchBox as admin as it can mess with emulators the require elevation. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2020 at 4:53 AM, Retro808 said:

However, we do not recommend running BigBox or LaunchBox as admin as it can mess with emulators the require elevation. 

so then what would be a better way to exit teknoparrot 

I tried using an ahk script but that didn't seem to work has anyone else figured out how to do this?

1 hour ago, Tacomaster said:

so then what would be a better way to exit teknoparrot 

I tried using an ahk script but that didn't seem to work has anyone else figured out how to do this?

Not really sure. I recently updated the 15 or so games I am running through Teknoparrot (I was running them with RocketLauncher an old way) and none of them needed TP or BB to be run aa admin and it exits with the AHK I use. For example here is the set up for Afterburner Climax.

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 7.36.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 7.35.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 7.36.11 PM.png

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Not really sure. I recently updated the 15 or so games I am running through Teknoparrot (I was running them with RocketLauncher an old way) and none of them needed TP or BB to be run aa admin and it exits with the AHK I use. For example here is the set up for Afterburner Climax.

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 7.36.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 7.35.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 7.36.11 PM.png

if you don't mind could you show me how you set up your ahk file and where you have it placed 

4 minutes ago, Tacomaster said:

if you don't mind could you show me how you set up your ahk file and where you have it placed 

It's right there in the third pic. That is the edit emulator screen for my TeknoParrot set-up. The AHK is in the Running AHK Tab.

27 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

It's right there in the third pic. That is the edit emulator screen for my TeknoParrot set-up. The AHK is in the Running AHK Tab.

I’m sorry I meant where do you have your Ahk file 

like where is it in your folders

and what did you write in your ahk file To get it to work 

11 minutes ago, Tacomaster said:

I’m sorry I meant where do you have your Ahk file 

like where is it in your folders

and what did you write in your ahk file To get it to work 

I think you are misunderstanding how this is working. That script in the pic is my AHK script. It does not need an AHK file. So there is no compiled script that I am using and attaching to the emulator. If an emulator needs an AHK script to close you just put the script in the tab showing in the pic. 

11 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I think you are misunderstanding how this is working. That script in the pic is my AHK script. It does not need an AHK file. So there is no compiled script that I am using and attaching to the emulator. If an emulator needs an AHK script to close you just put the script in the tab showing in the pic. 

Oh okay now I understand what you meant 

I’ve been using ahk file outside of LaunchBox for certain games so I had thought that you had to reference said ahk file to use in LaunchBox but now I understand what you mean 

sorry bout that 

• 6 months later...
On 4/27/2019 at 2:28 PM, sucramjd said:

New video guide on how to get this working without rocketlauncher and me talking you guys through it enjoy :)

Very much appreciated! I've been able to get this working for most games. How about Let's Go Island? The non-3D version seems to need the Borderless Gaming app to boot. Any way to just directly launch this via Launchbox like the others? 

6 hours ago, clockw3rk said:

How about Let's Go Island? The non-3D version seems to need the Borderless Gaming app to boot. Any way to just directly launch this via Launchbox like the others?

In LaunchBox add the following script as an additional app to Let's Go Island and tick "Automatically Run Before Main Application".

#NoEnv
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
WinWait, Let's Go Island ahk_class TeknoParrot - Let's Go Island
WinSet, Style, -0xC40000, Let's Go Island
DllCall("SetMenu", uint, WinExist(), uint, 0)
WinMove, Let's Go Island,, 0, 0, %A_ScreenWidth%, %A_ScreenHeight%
ExitApp

*Edit*

I forgot to mention: Launch the game in windowed mode. The script makes it go fullscreen.

Edited by Koroth