LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam Games - not possible to remove ???

jromao

Tried already a bit of everything but nothing works, the "Windows" platform and all the 119 Windows (all Steam) I setup before, I try to delete either just a few or all them (119), but after I restart LB or BB the show up again, can't remove, also a crap not having a simple checkbox for a feature like "Display/include Platform in BB", this way we could avoid this issue and having to deal with hacks to hide/disable all the games for one specific platform. Anyone got a solution to remove all the STEAM games form LB/BB ?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Problem is solved for now, here what was done if helps for other cases. So I deleted now all Windows folders from /Launchbox/Images & Images/Platforms. From Data/Emulators.xml I deleted all nodes with "none" as platform (just in case). Then from Data/Parents.xml removed all nodes for "Windows" platform. And then same action for file Data/Platforms.xml. Finally moved away all files inside Backups folder to some place outside /Launchbox. Final step, BEFORE launching LB or BB I restarted the PC, then BB started and no Windows platform, so for now seems success. Removing "Windows.xml" isn't enough. If this issue returns I will post. Regards.

Edited by jromao
Update, solved.

4 hours ago, jromao said:

Anyone got a solution to remove all the STEAM games form LB/BB ?

Go to your "...LaunchBox\Data\Platforms\" directory.

Delete "Steam.xml".  Or (as it sounds) in your case, "Windows.xml".

If that doesn't work, also delete the files "Steam*.xml" (Windows*.xml) located in your "...LaunchBox\Backups\" directory.

27 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Go to your "...LaunchBox\Data\Platforms\" directory.

Delete "Steam.xml".  Or (as it sounds) in your case, "Windows.xml".

If that doesn't work, also delete the files "Steam*.xml" (Windows*.xml) located in your "...LaunchBox\Backups\" directory.

Hi Joe.., Thanks but that also was done, nothing changed, the Windows platform and all the 119 games return back.

You should have no problem deleting a steam game. Either this is a bug, or it has something to do with your personal setup. I just tested deleting a steam game from my windows platform and restarting Launchbox and it works just as intended, so I don't think it's a bug.

Are you using the latest version of launchbox?

Do you have multiple installs of launchbox?

Whats your launchbox directory structure?

2 hours ago, jromao said:

Hi Joe.., Thanks but that also was done, nothing changed, the Windows platform and all the 119 games return back.

If you do the step JoeViking mentioned Launchbox must be closed before you delete the xml from the folder. Otherwise if you have it open and delete the file then close and reopen Launchbox it will regenerate it.

2 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

You should have no problem deleting a steam game. Either this is a bug, or it has something to do with your personal setup. I just tested deleting a steam game from my windows platform and restarting Launchbox and it works just as intended, so I don't think it's a bug.

Are you using the latest version of launchbox?

Do you have multiple installs of launchbox?

Whats your launchbox directory structure?

Just one Launchbox install, latest version, default LB folder setup, nothing was changed. 

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

If you do the step JoeViking mentioned Launchbox must be closed before you delete the xml from the folder. Otherwise if you have it open and delete the file then close and reopen Launchbox it will regenerate it.

Of course these files were removed when LB was completely closed, not minimized window. I believe it's a bug or a xml schema issue, but didn't found nothing concrete to test on. The steam games I don't even want to delete, I just don't want the Windows/Steam platform to show up on BB, this issues could be avoided if LB provide some option to hide the Platform, so simple and already requested long ago.

53 minutes ago, jromao said:

Of course these files were removed when LB was completely closed, not minimized window. 

I mentioned it only because people have done this many times without closing Launchbox. 

I believe it's a bug or a xml schema issue, but didn't found nothing concrete to test on. The steam games I don't even want to delete, I just don't want the Windows/Steam platform to show up on BB, this issues could be avoided if LB provide some option to hide the Platform, so simple and already requested long ago.

Yes, a platform hide feature would be useful. 

Just tested a couple Steam games and no issue deleting as @fromlostdays mentioned as well. So I am not sure what is going on with your specific set up.

UPDATE: Problem is solved for now, here what was done if helps for other cases. So I deleted now all Windows folders from /Launchbox/Images & Images/Platforms. From Data/Emulators.xml I deleted all nodes with "none" as platform (just in case). Then from Data/Parents.xml removed all nodes for "Windows" platform. And then same action for file Data/Platforms.xml. Finally moved away all files inside Backups folder to some place outside /Launchbox. Final step, BEFORE launching LB or BB I restarted the PC, then BB started and no Windows platform, so for now seems success. Removing "Windows.xml" isn't enough. If this issue returns I will post. Regards.

• Unusual Gem 1