LaunchBox Community Forums

CPS3 Games not working

vegas4917

6 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Yes but they require the CHDs along with those roms if you are using Mame and its romset.

If you are using FBA and its romset you shouldn't need the CHDs. Also there are some non CHD versions of the Mame roms but they are not the normal roms.

where can I find those CHD's or would you recommend that I install FBA on my LB build? I downloaded all my arcade games from a merged set and imported them via the MAME wizard

Edited by vegas4917

48 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

You can get the Mame CHD set from the PleasureDome and possibly other places but that is where I know they are.

They also have the FBA set which can also be gotten from the Emu Paradise forums.

Up to you which set and emulator you choose to use.

is there a guide I can use to configure these roms? I already have retroarch installed in launchbox

I am having the same issue, cannot get my games to run.  MAME 208 and the same MAME ROM set from Pleasure Dome.  I did the rom import, in launchbox, it took like 8 hours and no games will load.  It was my understanding that since I used the non-merged set those zip files would have all of the game data in each.  No CHD files need?  I am obviously missing something.  But, I have bunch of time in the mame issues. I even used Romvault and all the roms were green. I am able to get other platforms/emulators to work.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

7 minutes ago, albert said:

I am having the same issue, cannot get my games to run.  MAME 208 and the same MAME ROM set from Pleasure Dome.  I did the rom import, in launchbox, it took like 8 hours and no games will load.  It was my understanding that since I used the non-merged set those zip files would have all of the game data in each.  No CHD files need?  I am obviously missing something.  But, I have bunch of time in the mame issues. I even used Romvault and all the roms were green. I am able to get other platforms/emulators to work.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

The CPS3 games NEED the CHD's in order to run, the green you are getting is because your rom's are correct, but they will not run unless you have the CHD also. This is because these are later releases and are larger in size than the older games, so the main data was basically on a CD or HDD, those files are compressed to the CHD format to save some space. I believe one of the Street Fighter 3 games has a nocd version as well, but the others will NEED the CHD and the regular rom file in order to run.

If you edit each of the SFIII games in LB and browse were the path is you will find a version of each game with a n at the end that is the no chd version of the ROM I believe the JoJo games have a no chd rom also but Red Earth does not