LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 9.8 Change Log

Lordmonkus

Version 9.8 - Released May 22, 2019

- New Premium Feature: Game pause screens are now available in LaunchBox and Big Box with options to view the manual or other additional apps documents or URLs, reset the game, save and load states, view retro achievements, swap discs, and more.

- New Premium Feature: Big Box key bindings can now be bound to up to four different keys (primarily added so that all players on keyboard-based arcade boards can control Big Box together)

- New Premium Feature: Big Box now has "Keyboard Automation" features similar to the existing Controller Automation features, primarily for keyboard-based arcade boards that are lacking in buttons. You can enable and configure the keys in the Big Box options under Keyboard Automation; this will allow you to use key combinations instead of individual keys for closing games, focusing Big Box, or turning the volume up or down.

- New Feature: Installed GOG games can now be more easily and accurately imported via the new Import Installed GOG Games Wizard. Access it in LaunchBox under Tools > Import > GOG Games.

- Improvement: LaunchBox screenshots in the game details sidebar are now in order based on your screenshot priority settings

- Improvement: Nested playlists performance has been improved when combined with custom fields

- Improvement: Updated the included version of the Chromium web browser to the latest version

- Improvement: Viewing PDFs with the internal PDF viewer now zooms much more quickly and smoothly

- Improvement: Page up and page down now work properly with the internal PDF viewer

- Fixed: Retroarch Netplay features were broken by a previous release

- Fixed: While in Big Box, the shutdown themes were using the LaunchBox startup theme setting instead of the Big Box one

- Fixed: Rare threading error with hiding mouse cursors

- Fixed: Possible null reference error while auto-generating child playlists

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 5/22/2019 at 8:20 PM, Lordmonkus said:

- New Premium Feature: Game pause screens are now available in LaunchBox and Big Box with options to view the manual or other additional apps documents or URLs, reset the game, save and load states, view retro achievements, swap discs, and more.

Hey guys. Quick question.

How do I do the "swap discs" option in the new pause screens? I have tried Final Fantasy VII PBP, cue and m3u files and no swap discs option appears anywhere.  I know how to swap discs in RetroArch itself though.

Edited by Shinryu

4 minutes ago, Shinryu said:

Hey guys. Quick question.

How do I do the "swap discs" option in the new pause screens? I have tried Final Fantasy VII PBP, cue and m3u files and no swap discs option appears anywhere.  I know how to swap discs in RetroArch itself though.

You will need to add a script in Tools/Manage Emulators/Retroarch/Pause Screen/Swap Disk.

image.thumb.png.b924249f25867a9173ee9367f883079a.png

Since updating.... Daphne games launch then lose focus, have to click icon on taskbar to bring it back. I tried turning off pause feature in Daphne emulator with no luck. Is there a simple fix for this? Anyone else experiencing this?

Windows 10, using batch file method (Daphne.exe %1 vldp -fullscreen -x 640 -y 480 -framefile "D:\Hyperspin\Roms\Daphne\framefile\%1.txt")

(posted this in troubleshooting)

3 hours ago, drewjbx said:

Since updating.... Daphne games launch then lose focus, have to click icon on taskbar to bring it back. I tried turning off pause feature in Daphne emulator with no luck. Is there a simple fix for this? Anyone else experiencing this?

Windows 10, using batch file method (Daphne.exe %1 vldp -fullscreen -x 640 -y 480 -framefile "D:\Hyperspin\Roms\Daphne\framefile\%1.txt")

(posted this in troubleshooting)

I did fix it by simply checking 'Attempt to hide console window on startup/shutdown' 

This was not checked before the update and didn't have a focus issue, all in all simple fix. Will continue to test... I'm really trying to make LB my main front end of choice... coming from hyperspin/rocketlauncher, will see how it goes. Would love to see a music player in pause...  similar to RL pause (great for game music for any particular system, also there is a ton or RL pause media/music out there)

Edited by drewjbx