LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's Lights Out! Retroarch Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

Mr. RetroLust's Lights Out! Retroarch Bezels

View File

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner

Here's my collection of Lights Out! Realistic Retroarch bezels. 

You can find other bezels that are part of my "Lights Out!" series over here:

Neo Geo v2 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System I 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System II 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System III 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Sega Naomi 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Enjoy!

Bezel_Atari_2600_Night_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

Bezel_Mega_Drive_Mr_RetroLust.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but how do I install these bezels in to Retroarch?  I am a bit of a Noob when it comes to installing bezels into Retro.  Any help is appreciated.  Great work with the bezels.  They look great!!

Again Thanks

Eli

Edited by eli517

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

i've been making myself a theme from the bezels in an effort to blur the line between bezel and theme. i'm currently keeping it to myself but, would you care if i released it when "done" and credited you HEAVILY and likely even named it after you? if not, i'll keep it to myself either way thank you for the amazing artwork.

2 hours ago, drseussicide said:

i've been making myself a theme from the bezels in an effort to blur the line between bezel and theme. i'm currently keeping it to myself but, would you care if i released it when "done" and credited you HEAVILY and likely even named it after you? if not, i'll keep it to myself either way thank you for the amazing artwork.

Sure man go ahead :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow! That's such a beautiful project. I'll test it as soon as possible. Thanks!!

On 5/30/2019 at 3:11 PM, Mr. RetroLust said:

Mr. RetroLust's Lights Off Retroarch Bezels

View File

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner

Here's my collection of Lights Off realistic retroarch bezels, many more to come when I add more platforms to my game collection so stay tuned by using above method. 

You can find other bezels that are part of my "Lights Out!" series over here:

Neo Geo v2 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System I 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System II 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Capcom Play System III 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Sega Naomi 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Retroarch Bezels

Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Enjoy,

Bezel_Mega_Drive_Mr_RetroLust.thumb.PNG.b2f44b66b6c991e584e49ce2bdcc8df4.PNGBezel_Atari_2600_Night_Mr_RetroLust.thumb.PNG.9dfed6726866f0d428dc7e4d68211b00.PNG

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

I'm trying to install this on retroarch, but I can't seem to get it to work. First of all, the overlay files don't seem to tell retroarch to scale the size of the screen to fit within the bezel. Maybe this is taken care of in the CGP files included, but I can't figure out how to install those. Any help would be appreciated

You can find 

24 minutes ago, RetroSalad said:

I'm trying to install this on retroarch, but I can't seem to get it to work. First of all, the overlay files don't seem to tell retroarch to scale the size of the screen to fit within the bezel. Maybe this is taken care of in the CGP files included, but I can't figure out how to install those. Any help would be appreciated

You can find loads of tutorials on youtube how to use overlays in retroarch. You'll need to size them yourself.

10 minutes ago, RetroSalad said:

I'm really sorry to waste your time, but I've been looking for a tutorial like that and I haven't found anything yet, except one that was using an older version of retroarch that doesn't have the same options. Could you point me in the direction of such a tutorial?

I don't really have the time to make a tutorial but i'll try to write it down as good as I can. I'm using an older version of RetroArch so it probably wouldn't be the same for you where the settings are or maybe renamed but this is what I do.

All I can say is you'll load the preset (.cfg file) in the "Quick Menu" under the "Onscreen Overlay" tab (Also set Overlay Opacity to 1.00 to make it fully non transparent), then you go to the video options and there you'll use Custom ratio X pos for the x position, Custom ratio Y pos for the y position, Custom ratio width and height, after you are satisfied you'll go back to Quick Menu and scroll down to "Overrides" then choose Save Content Directory Override and it will save the bezel and the size and position of your game screen in a preset for the directory where your games are stored. You also may want to use a shader effect that curves the screen and adds scanlines to your liking, I use crt-easymode-halation myself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, drseussicide said:

any chance of requests? would love psp, ps2, ps3, nds, and 3ds for starters. when i check the updates against my collection i'm certain i'll have more. (if these have been requested thank you and, THANK YOU anyway. 

I'll be adding most of those in the future, but they will be limited to what retroarch can run. Ps3 for instance is 16:9 and hd so I wont be making a bezel for it as it's full screen already.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...