LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame 151 not working with Launchbox 9.8

KIINGSK

So MAME 151b won't launch with Launchbox but it works outside of Launchbox. Yes, I checked all my paths and haven't changed directories. I can confirm it's launchbox version 9.8 causing the issue because it works fine with 9.7. An issue I'm also having is that I can't install 9.7 on top of 9.8 because it won't launch. I installed 9.7 on a different drive and it works with the mame version I want but I can't get my license to transfer from 9.8 to 9.7 without it updating it to 9.8, which is not what I want. Someone please help me? I need either a way to get mame151 working in current launchbox (mame207 works fine) or get 9.7 running on my pc with my premium license that I paid for.

It might be since that version of Mame is very old it is not working due to the new Pause feature Launchbox 9.8 has. A new piece was added to the default command line parameter in LB for Mame  

Try editing your Mame set-up in the 9.8 version of Launchbox. Go to Tools>Manage Emulators and edit your Mame option. In the first tab in the "Default Command Line Parameters" section try deleting "-keyboardprovider dinput" from that line. See if that works. 

If so, I would recommend updating your roms and mame to a more current version. As new features come to Launchbox you may find older versions of emulators not working nicely with Launchbox and you will have to find workarounds unless you update them. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 10.47.00 PM.png

Thank you so much, it worked like a charm! I'm not 100% sure how to update my romset/bios/chd but I read over the launchbox sticky tutorial and it sounded like a huge PITA since I'm so far back. I'm going to ride this romset to the old town road lol Thanks again! I'm so stoked.

2 hours ago, KIINGSK said:

Thank you so much, it worked like a charm! I'm not 100% sure how to update my romset/bios/chd but I read over the launchbox sticky tutorial and it sounded like a huge PITA since I'm so far back. I'm going to ride this romset to the old town road lol Thanks again! I'm so stoked.

Just keep in mind if you keep using that version then you likely will not be able to use the Pause feature with Mame. 

19 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

The easiest way to update from such an old set is to just get the whole new latest set.

I think that's something I'm going to have to do soon. I've been using this romset forever and just been procrastinating on digging through the internet for a good set.

17 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Just keep in mind if you keep using that version then you likely will not be able to use the Pause feature with Mame. 

I don't really mind not having the pause feature but definitely don't want launchbox to stop working with the new updates or conflicting with my programs. Going to try find a good set next weekend.