LaunchBox Community Forums

Is there a way to use a specific retroarch core per game?

scoobydooami

I have all of my snes games set to run in retroarch with the bsnes-mercury core.  That works great for 99% of games.  I came across a game (or two, here and there) that don't want to run in mercury, but do run fine in snes9x.  My example is a translated game "Ace Wo Nerae".  It won't run in mercury, but does in snes9x.  When I look at emulation for that game, I select retroarch, which normally would auto-select mercury because I have that set for snes games,but am wondering if there is a way to specify snes9x for that one game, perhaps with an added command following retroarch?

Any assistance appreciated and thank you.

7 minutes ago, scoobydooami said:

I have all of my snes games set to run in retroarch with the bsnes-mercury core.  That works great for 99% of games.  I came across a game (or two, here and there) that don't want to run in mercury, but do run fine in snes9x.  My example is a translated game "Ace Wo Nerae".  It won't run in mercury, but does in snes9x.  When I look at emulation for that game, I select retroarch, which normally would auto-select mercury because I have that set for snes games,but am wondering if there is a way to specify snes9x for that one game, perhaps with an added command following retroarch?

Any assistance appreciated and thank you.

Right click the game and go to edit,then the emulation tab. Activate the commandline and type the syntax to launch the core you require.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 6:11 AM, neil9000 said:

Right click the game and go to edit,then the emulation tab. Activate the commandline and type the syntax to launch the core you require.

Thank you.  I'm a little confused about how I should type out the syntax.  Would I put snes9x_libretro in the custom command parameter or would I type edit Retroarch to be Retroarch -snex9x_libretro?  Command line isn't my strong suit.  I don't really know if I need quotes or the proper syntax.

Please and thanks. 

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Cleiton said:

I've been trying that with arcade games but it won't work. I use fba2012 for most of my roms but some of them will only run if I use the fbaneo core. I simply can't change cores per rom.

Can you post pics of what you have entered. It should work as described in this thread for any game ran through RA.

• Like 1