LaunchBox Community Forums

HD Videos for Nintendo Wii & WiiWare Games??

kidshoalin

I wanted to know if launchbox or emu movies is going to update or add more HD videos to there base, I find that Wii is lacking in the video department, I have all front cover box art but its missing a lot of videos, I believe there is 1200 or so wii games but the amount of videos is lacking for a great polished look. NES and SNES is practically full with HD video snaps, but Nintendo Wii has very little. Also adding to this discussion I would also like to include Wiiware games as well to that, because that is another 700 or so games as well. If anyone could input on that, I would greatly appreciate it. Does anyone know of a program that would record in game the videos? I would try and make them myself. Thanks for hearing me out. Cheers.

I'll tag @circo here as regards Emumovies. 

In relation to a program to record in game videos, this will be coming to Launchbox as it ranked fairly high on the latest poll. In the meantime, I believe you can do this with VLC:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/record-screen-using-vlc/

I also use 4k Video Downloader to grab Youtube videos of games sometimes if I am missing some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kidshoalin said:

I wanted to know if launchbox or emu movies is going to update or add more HD videos to there base, I find that Wii is lacking in the video department, I have all front cover box art but its missing a lot of videos, I believe there is 1200 or so wii games but the amount of videos is lacking for a great polished look. NES and SNES is practically full with HD video snaps, but Nintendo Wii has very little. Also adding to this discussion I would also like to include Wiiware games as well to that, because that is another 700 or so games as well. If anyone could input on that, I would greatly appreciate it. Does anyone know of a program that would record in game the videos? I would try and make them myself. Thanks for hearing me out. Cheers.

1 minute ago, DOS76 said:

LaunchBox has no videos for games and there isn't any plans to add them as far as I know. As for EmuMovies that is a question better asked over on their forums probably.

Yeah Launchbox will not be adding gameplay videos out of courtesy to emumovies, as they are running a business doing just that and we have a business relationship with them.

• Like 1