LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch 1.7.8, launch box and setting

dov_EL

On 8/26/2019 at 4:40 PM, Retro808 said:

You really have to be more specific about what is wrong. Simply saying "I see a problem with setting" is not too helpful considering how many settings there are in either program. 1.7.8 working fine for the recent games and systems I played since installing it. 

seems to be unable to keep the previous settings despite having imported the files correctly. For example, it does not maintain shaders. Even if we save a new configuration file, in reality this is not maintained. Have any of you tried to update retroarch?

Edited by dov_EL

3 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Are you using a custom config file?

Looks like when you saved the configuration, it’s was saved as mame2.cfg.

I noticed some quirks with config saving on cores I was using custom configs.

Yep , custom config from Launchbox

I have always updated all the versions with the same system for many years, that is to say unpack the original retroarch file, and manually copy all the configuration files and the relative folders. For the first time, this system not only does not work, but I do not see the possibility of manually saving another configuration

I have not used custom config for quite a while in RA because of issues like this. Just save as core override, game override or even just save the shader as a core preset which is what I do for setting the shader. There is even now a content directory override that will affect all games launched from the same directory. 

• Like 1

this version of retroarch also has other problems. Each core has the same behavior both in OGL, Vulkan, D3D.
The games are blocked a few seconds from time to time, like a buffering, I tried both with Nvidia, both with Intel and with AMD. This is a bad retroarch release.

1 hour ago, dov_EL said:

this version of retroarch also has other problems. Each core has the same behavior both in OGL, Vulkan, D3D.
The games are blocked a few seconds from time to time, like a buffering, I tried both with Nvidia, both with Intel and with AMD. This is a bad retroarch release.

Are you talking about during game play or loading. I have not seen any issues like you mentioned. It is not a bad release, but there are definitely some changes you need to probably make to your settings since they changed how some things are done in 1.7.8.

@Mr. RetroLust I have not seen any posts anywhere on converting old configs. They did update the shader guide. Looks like they made it easier to load shaders from command line. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dov_EL said:

Are you making this decision based on a new install or applying over your old setup?

Probably better to be sure this isn't an upgrade issue before declaring it a bad release to everyone.

Edited by Headrush69
Spelling error