LaunchBox Community Forums

Installing on Windows 7 problems

greggo

Hi, I'm trying to switch from HyperSpin and I'm having trouble during the "initializing" stage of the installation. I have .NET 4.8 (Launchbox installed 4.7 but I installed 4.8 after this problem started) installed as well as the latest DirectX. I've tried to install it to multiple directories (like C:\ and the desktop as well as the default) with no luck. I get this error message.

"Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    LaunchBox.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    10.5.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    5d93e07b
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    4.8.3928.0
  Problem Signature 06:    5d3900b3
  Problem Signature 07:    4268
  Problem Signature 08:    12
  Problem Signature 09:    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    a5a9
  Additional Information 2:    a5a9402fc54fcc2a7bade94d1a528d1f
  Additional Information 3:    54ad
  Additional Information 4:    54ad4eb82afe9ec267acd7c765cc392b"

errormessage.JPG

Edited by greggo

Okay so the repair tool did it's thing and that didn't fix the issue. I also tried to install .NET 4 and it told me that I have a newer version and wouldn't install. Any other versions I should try? I also ran the validator from the link above and it passed.

Edited by greggo

10 minutes ago, greggo said:

Okay so the repair tool did it's thing and that didn't fix the issue. I also tried to install .NET 4 and it told me that I have a newer version and wouldn't install. Any other versions I should try? I also ran the validator from the link above and it passed.

Wow, sorry to hear about all the trouble. The version of .NET that you need is the .NET 4.8 Runtime from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net48

Is that what you already tried installing?

Also have you made sure that Windows 7 is all up to date with Windows updates?

51 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Wow, sorry to hear about all the trouble. The version of .NET that you need is the .NET 4.8 Runtime from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net48

Is that what you already tried installing?

Also have you made sure that Windows 7 is all up to date with Windows updates?

Thanks for helping, Jason. So I used that installer to first uninstall net 4.8 and then I reinstalled... same error ? . And yes windows update says I'm up to date

I just uninstalled, installed .net 4.0... then 4.7... then 4.8 and still no luck. I'm starting to think its not the .NET install thats messed up

Edited by greggo

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, that seems like it's not .NET. We've seen that issue previously with .NET, but clearly you've tried everything there.

Are you running any anti-virus, anti-malware, or security software? I ask because we've seen some of that stuff cause interference in the past.

Oh lord, I forced a windows update and there 91 updates in queue.... I guess Windows never checked if there were any updates (for once!). I'll report back in 10 years when these updates finish.

Got it! Thanks, guys. All I needed was my Windows updated!

Edited by greggo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Installed Win7 for an arcade cabinet. Launchbox started installing and crashes any time it tries to open with CLR20r3 and a bunch of other events. .Net Framework 4.8 installed, repaired, Directx 11, and no antivirus installed as it will run MAME only. Windows Update has no updates for me. So I'm at a loss here. 

17 hours ago, Drakkorcia said:

I have the same problem. Installed Win7 for an arcade cabinet. Launchbox started installing and crashes any time it tries to open with CLR20r3 and a bunch of other events. .Net Framework 4.8 installed, repaired, Directx 11, and no antivirus installed as it will run MAME only. Windows Update has no updates for me. So I'm at a loss here. 

Sorry to hear. Sadly it sounds like something is corrupted with the .NET install, but I can't say for sure. It also could be caused by a background app. So the first thing I would try is closing down everything that's running in the background.

I went to Windows Update again and it showed the large amount of updates; 112 to be exact. So this is the second confirmation that updating Windows is the key to resolving this issue with Windows 7. Download .net Framework version 4.8, update Windows, and Launchbox runs!

Thank you all who contributed to this post.

Edited by Drakkorcia
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...