LaunchBox Community Forums

Amiga

orac31

On 10/13/2019 at 9:28 AM, orac31 said:

just playing about with amiga anyone had any luck? 

Unfortunately I haven't tried it yet, but sadly it's probably not going to work for you at this point. Let me know if you figure out a good emulator to use on Android and if you can get it working without LaunchBox.

On 10/24/2019 at 3:03 AM, PiperCalls said:

I'm using RA PUAE core and it's working pretty well for me. I'd say about 80% of the HDF games load up & play fine. Haven't spent a ton of time with it but so far so good. I can't get UAE4ARM to even load a game.

never new ra core supported hd files ill try thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The retroarch puae core works perfectly these days as far as i can tell. You just need your kickstarts in the bios folder named correctly. Just load up the core in ra & click the core info. It'll tell you the files & file names you need for your kick roms. Works fine with adfs & hdfs

On 11/9/2019 at 7:00 PM, Solo187 said:

The retroarch puae core works perfectly these days as far as i can tell. You just need your kickstarts in the bios folder named correctly. Just load up the core in ra & click the core info. It'll tell you the files & file names you need for your kick roms. Works fine with adfs & hdfs

yep after all the messing about it just works thanks.

38 minutes ago, orac31 said:

can i ask please how can i delete a install i need to delete and import Amiga without the non English languish games 

You can delete a platform by long-pressing on the platform and then selecting Delete. It will then ask you whether you want to delete the images folder and/or the games folder.

45 minutes ago, Mount Doom said:

orac31, I would also appreciate that 'how to' video. I'm getting the below screen while trying to launch .hdf amiga files using retroarch. Getting closer, but no cigar just yet :)

Screenshot_2019-11-21-22-36-47.png

run the game go to this screen the go into retroarch setting go to options then select a1200 as modal then go back a level to overrides and save quit and try again

Edited by orac31

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a lot of success with PUAE in the main. But there are some HDF games (known in ransom's collection as non-WHDLOAD 'generic') which are failing to load in the Retroarch core. 

This is the error that I get: image.thumb.png.cbcfc207f58a978aebdd2ce8635829b4.png

When I try them in FS-UAE, I get the same error. However, if I change the Amiga Model in FS-UAE from A1200 to A4000, these games work.

But it doesn't seem like there is A4000 support in the PUAE core. Now I might be simplifying things here and there could be a workaround but just wondering if anyone understands this better than I do? 

FS-UAE is great but I like using Retroarch as much as possible.