LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple Profile/Users

Sath

Hello,

is it possibile have multiple profile or users in BigBox?

I mean, one profile for example call it "Dad" with some games and platform, and another one profile for example called "mom" with others? Under the same Launchbox folder/installation of course.

Thanks in advance

31 minutes ago, Sath said:

Hello,

is it possibile have multiple profile or users in BigBox?

I mean, one profile for example call it "Dad" with some games and platform, and another one profile for example called "mom" with others? Under the same Launchbox folder/installation of course.

Thanks in advance

No this isnt supported im afraid. It has been brought up before and even made it onto community polls but didnt get much love from the userbase. It still may make it in at some point as it is a feature that Jason himself personally wants, but its not a priority currently.

Too bad. I'm surely vote it in the next poll.

Also if i want to make a machine with only Computers, and another one with only for example Consoles, or Arcade, i have to manage different Launchbox installation, right? (at the moment i share one installation thorugh different machines with OneDrive)

• 8 months later...

Can I just give this one a nudge again @Jason Carr?
There are so many cool new features such as retro achievements that would really benefit from individual profiles. I'd really like to get my kids into retro gaming more, especially now I know how to stream BigBox from Steam to a Firestick! Keeping achievements distinct, and hiding certain age inappropriate games would really be key!
Thanks as ever for your work.

26 minutes ago, martinconroy said:

Can I just give this one a nudge again @Jason Carr?
There are so many cool new features such as retro achievements that would really benefit from individual profiles. I'd really like to get my kids into retro gaming more, especially now I know how to stream BigBox from Steam to a Firestick! Keeping achievements distinct, and hiding certain age inappropriate games would really be key!
Thanks as ever for your work.

We typically track how desired a requested feature is by the votes on the BitBucket site. Easier to quickly see which feature requests are most popular.

• 3 years later...

I'll have to go check if this is captured in BitBucket, but 3 years later and online profiles are more entrenched now than ever.  It would really be awesome to have some kind of capability like this in BigBox/LaunchBox.  My kids all play games like Fortnite, Rocket League, or whatever, and have their own Epic profiles accordingly.  It would be nice to launch a game without having to constantly log out/log in to a new Epic profile on a shared computer.  It's such a big issue that I try and guide them to use a Switch instead wherever possible because it's much easier to manage which profile they're launching to on that platform.  Unfortunately, there's a lot of "why does everything work better on the computer and the Switch is always so glitchy" moans from them.  😂

Edited by duerra