LaunchBox Community Forums

Volume control and retroarch problem

dov_EL

15 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Unfortunately not. It's a Retroarch glitch in that it doesn't obey the default settings.

we have some  retroarch dev  here? To whom can we report this problem which is very serious for those who use launchbox and retroarch in the bartop?

Maybe I understood the problem. I could not visualize everything because I deactivated the "MENU WIDGET" function.
As soon as we try to increase or decrease the volume, the game pauses for the first time, then it works. The reararch PAUSE appears at the top right (last version)

Just now, DOS76 said:

In the input settings under hot key binds is the pause toggle set to the same key your bartop is using for LB volume?
image.thumb.png.11eb708376e63b9b63dc292a06ef0e53.png

Er not. 
P is keyboard . Bartop have gamepad input .
However I tried to change this too, but I don't get any results. unbelievable

@dov_EL I did some additional testing over the weekend, and my initial thoughts that it was related to Retroarch's controller settings were wrong, as I couldn't replicate the issue without the keyboard being involved. But all LaunchBox should be doing is sending volume up and volume down keyboard presses, so I'm still lost here. What do the K and F9/F10 keys have to do with it?

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@dov_EL I did some additional testing over the weekend, and my initial thoughts that it was related to Retroarch's controller settings were wrong, as I couldn't replicate the issue without the keyboard being involved. But all LaunchBox should be doing is sending volume up and volume down keyboard presses, so I'm still lost here. What do the K and F9/F10 keys have to do with it?

F10 in retroarch SEND DIAGNOSTIC . Probably the system you used goes to touch a series of keys that goes into conflict with retroarch.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:05 PM, dov_EL said:

F10 in retroarch SEND DIAGNOSTIC . Probably the system you used goes to touch a series of keys that goes into conflict with retroarch.

The LaunchBox code doesn't do anything with F9, F10, or K, unless you bind to those keys. So I'm still confused as to what's going on here.