LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.29 Released

Jason Carr

Jason, on the note of the GBA games not working, if i remember correctly the emulator handled gba differently than gbc/gb, Vgbanext used to be 2 separate emulators one for gbc/gb (which i beleive was named vgb), and the other was for GBA(called vgba), so the only thing i can think of is maybe in the code you are not referring to the right location/activity?

Edited by Cruz1214
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 8:11 PM, nearvanaman said:

Hi,

For Neo Geo Pocket  & Neo Geo Pocket Color, the "import from Folder" on Android didn't work for me. I hit 'Proceed with Import', it identified the games on my phone and a few seconds after hitting 'Proceed', Launchbox crashes. 

However, it does work fine when importing from Windows Launchbox. I left my roms on my phone and just copied over the platform xml and images (editing the xml for rom location) and was able to launch both platforms from Launchbox in NGP.emu. 

So, long story short, something amiss when attempting to import on Android, but NGP.emu emulator works fine. 

Cheers.

It must be something with all Neo-Geo platforms, as I've had the same exact problem on my Nvidia Shield with Neo Geo and Neo Geo CD when attempting to import.

Edited by blowleafsblow
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, blowleafsblow said:

It must be something with all Neo-Geo platforms, as I've had the same exact problem on my Nvidia Shielf with Neo Geo and Neo Geo CD when attempting to import.

Thanks for this note. The "Neo Geo" platform listed is apparently cause for trouble because that platform does not exist on the LaunchBox Games Database named that way. I've removed that platform for the next release. What you should be able to do though is just choose either "SNK Neo Geo AES" or "SNK Neo Geo MVS" instead and it should work. SNK Neo Geo CD has not been added as a platform to Android yet though as my current understanding is that there's really no good way to emulate it (supposedly the FB Neo core supports it, but it's somewhat of a mess).

On 1/5/2020 at 11:42 PM, Cruz1214 said:

Jason, on the note of the GBA games not working, if i remember correctly the emulator handled gba differently than gbc/gb, Vgbanext used to be 2 separate emulators one for gbc/gb (which i beleive was named vgb), and the other was for GBA(called vgba), so the only thing i can think of is maybe in the code you are not referring to the right location/activity?

Thanks for this; I have this fixed for the next release as well. :)

On 1/4/2020 at 2:08 PM, TechXero said:

Hey guys long time...

I finally am fully settled in new country of Ireland. Connection here is great so not more caps nothing. Great job on keeping Android version up to date @Jason Carr. Now that am settled and have my new rig up n running, I moved my 2TB of ROMs to an NTFS external USB drive but LB is not seeing them. What am I doing wrong here ? I put them in the /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox/files/LaunchBox folder deleted on nVidia Shield still nothing.. And import option won't see HDD, not that I can store all 2tb ROMs on Shield's 500gb storage LoL.... Whole point is to use that external HDD as my ROMs drive.

Any help ? And why am no longer in Discord group ?

I'm really not sure why it wouldn't be showing up, to be honest. I'm doing the same thing with my Shield TV and the NTFS external hard drive shows up just fine. Maybe the drive just needs to be marked as usable for external storage?

No idea why you'd no longer be in the Discord group. Should be able to re-join at least.

On 1/4/2020 at 5:11 PM, nearvanaman said:

Hi,

For Neo Geo Pocket  & Neo Geo Pocket Color, the "import from Folder" on Android didn't work for me. I hit 'Proceed with Import', it identified the games on my phone and a few seconds after hitting 'Proceed', Launchbox crashes. 

However, it does work fine when importing from Windows Launchbox. I left my roms on my phone and just copied over the platform xml and images (editing the xml for rom location) and was able to launch both platforms from Launchbox in NGP.emu. 

So, long story short, something amiss when attempting to import on Android, but NGP.emu emulator works fine. 

Cheers.

Thanks for this report. The issue was a conflict in platform names between "SNK Neo Geo Pocket" on the games database and "Neo Geo Pocket" in the app. I've fixed this for the next release. Same for Color.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks for this note. The "Neo Geo" platform listed is apparently cause for trouble because that platform does not exist on the LaunchBox Games Database named that way. I've removed that platform for the next release. What you should be able to do though is just choose either "SNK Neo Geo AES" or "SNK Neo Geo MVS" instead and it should work. SNK Neo Geo CD has not been added as a platform to Android yet though as my current understanding is that there's really no good way to emulate it (supposedly the FB Neo core supports it, but it's somewhat of a mess).

Thanks for the update. I think Neo Geo CD should be added. It is definitely playable, with the right BIOS of course.  This would be good to have.

• Like 1