LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.29 Released

Jason Carr

Just uploaded version 0.32 as a beta to the Play Store with the following (should be available very soon):

• Custom emulators are now supported, if you have the correct metadata for them (package name, activity name, and ROM path key)

• Added support for over 50 new emulators!

The reason this release is going to beta first is that I honestly have not tested all 50 new emulators. I'm doubtful that we'll be able to test all 50 of them before making it an official release, but anything that we can test would be great. If anyone tests any of the new (or old) emulators and can confirm yay or nay, please comment here in the thread.

As a reminder, in order to download the beta version, you'll need to opt-in to beta releases here:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox

Then you should be able to update to the beta release on your device. Happy gaming. :)

On 12/18/2019 at 7:16 PM, Jason Carr said:

This should work for the Shield's network storage solution, but I've heard different things from different people, and I didn't have any luck setting it up myself. So not exactly sure for the moment...

Will there be possible to add games from network storage in future releases? This would be a huge advantage!

12 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks @Cruz1214. I don't see your DM though for some reason.

Strange... Basically it is saying something about permission denied, I tried Dming again, please let me know if you still dont see it, maybe I can find another way to send it to you, if it does not work this time

Edited by Cruz1214

22 hours ago, RetroSpyder said:

Will there be possible to add games from network storage in future releases? This would be a huge advantage!

This has been a fairly common request, but Android doesn't really provide a good way to do it. So probably eventually (hopefully), but it will likely be a while.

20 hours ago, Cruz1214 said:

Strange... Basically it is saying something about permission denied, I tried Dming again, please let me know if you still dont see it, maybe I can find another way to send it to you, if it does not work this time

I got your message now. Just took a while to show up for some reason. My guess is that it's an issue with DamonPS2; have you tried any other frontends to see if it is launching successfully anywhere else?

Hey guys long time...

I finally am fully settled in new country of Ireland. Connection here is great so not more caps nothing. Great job on keeping Android version up to date @Jason Carr. Now that am settled and have my new rig up n running, I moved my 2TB of ROMs to an NTFS external USB drive but LB is not seeing them. What am I doing wrong here ? I put them in the /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox/files/LaunchBox folder deleted on nVidia Shield still nothing.. And import option won't see HDD, not that I can store all 2tb ROMs on Shield's 500gb storage LoL.... Whole point is to use that external HDD as my ROMs drive.

Any help ? And why am no longer in Discord group ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

This has been a fairly common request, but Android doesn't really provide a good way to do it. So probably eventually (hopefully), but it will likely be a while.

I have a few comic book readers that use SMB to allow network access via their application so definitely could be done.

Hi,

For Neo Geo Pocket  & Neo Geo Pocket Color, the "import from Folder" on Android didn't work for me. I hit 'Proceed with Import', it identified the games on my phone and a few seconds after hitting 'Proceed', Launchbox crashes. 

However, it does work fine when importing from Windows Launchbox. I left my roms on my phone and just copied over the platform xml and images (editing the xml for rom location) and was able to launch both platforms from Launchbox in NGP.emu. 

So, long story short, something amiss when attempting to import on Android, but NGP.emu emulator works fine. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruz1214 said:

yea it was, I was just wondering if you were trying to do a lot at once and it might have been a memory issue

Ah, right. I've actually gone through 21 platforms today after being sort of dormant on the Android version since the early days. First time trying the "on device import". Worked great for the other 19 platforms (including 1068 GBA roms). 

Edited by nearvanaman