LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.29 Released

Jason Carr

Hey all, I just uploaded version 0.29 of LaunchBox for Android to the Play Store with the following:

• You can now play combined/additional game versions by long-pressing a game from the list and selecting "Additional Versions..."
  • A new region prioritization option is available on imports, used when combining games
  • More granular options for MAME imports are now available (such as what types of games to skip)
  • The option to combine games with matching titles on imports is now more accurate

I went ahead and released this straight to production, since I'm confident in these changes. There's a whole new page of options for MAME imports, so they should be up to par with the desktop now. I also improved the ROM combining feature significantly, so if you've previously imported with combined ROMs, you may want to re-import.

Google should be making this new version live very shortly.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, I just uploaded version 0.29 of LaunchBox for Android to the Play Store with the following:

• You can now play combined/additional game versions by long-pressing a game from the list and selecting "Additional Versions..."
  • A new region prioritization option is available on imports, used when combining games
  • More granular options for MAME imports are now available (such as what types of games to skip)
  • The option to combine games with matching titles on imports is now more accurate

I went ahead and released this straight to production, since I'm confident in these changes. There's a whole new page of options for MAME imports, so they should be up to par with the desktop now. I also improved the ROM combining feature significantly, so if you've previously imported with combined ROMs, you may want to re-import.

Google should be making this new version live very shortly.

lol i wish i knew this just deleated amiga only joking thank you

• Like 1

Just signed up to the beta for use on my Nvidia Shield. So far I've tested SNES , arcade and neo Geo. The direct import from my HDD works great. Would be nice to be able to use ext HDD as storage because the shields internal is very limited. Awesome work guys ?

Edited by maxload
Added
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, maxload said:

Just signed up to the beta for use on my Nvidia Shield. So far I've tested SNES , arcade and neo Geo. The direct import from my HDD works great. Would be nice to be able to use ext HDD as storage because the shields internal is very limited. Awesome work guys ?

Thank you @maxload. External hard drives do work just fine, but you may have to manually move stuff around as the importer doesn't currently ask. If you close the app and move the /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox/files/LaunchBox folder to the same location on your external drive (make sure you remove the one on your internal), LaunchBox should pick it up and use it from that location instead.

8 minutes ago, Internesp said:

i buy it, but my launchbox pc licence dont have export to android option.............omfg

The export to Android is available in the free version of LaunchBox, so you don't need a license for it at all. If you're running an outdated version of LaunchBox because you don't want to renew your license, you may have to just use a separate LaunchBox installation.

13 minutes ago, Internesp said:

i buy it, but my launchbox pc licence dont have export to android option.............omfg

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The export to Android is available in the free version of LaunchBox, so you don't need a license for it at all. If you're running an outdated version of LaunchBox because you don't want to renew your license, you may have to just use a separate LaunchBox installation.

Or, you know, just use the new on device importer. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Internesp said:

i try, but stuck in this step

Screenshot_20191122-232150.png

It's downloading metadata from the LaunchBox Games Database in that step, and then extracting it. It could be that you just need to wait a bit longer, or if your connection isn't very stable, you might need to just start the process over.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Thank you @maxload. External hard drives do work just fine, but you may have to manually move stuff around as the importer doesn't currently ask. If you close the app and move the /Android/data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox/files/LaunchBox folder to the same location on your external drive (make sure you remove the one on your internal), LaunchBox should pick it up and use it from that location instead.

Ok , I delete the folder you mentioned from internal and moved it to external , but when I reopen the app it just creates the folder on internal again...

4 minutes ago, dirtybeagles said:

Possible Bug in downloading images from launchbox. App will freeze at downloading some of the images. If I cancel and restart it will pause or freeze at a different game. 

JPEG_20191123_133537.jpg

@dirtybeagles Most likely this is the cause of an unstable Internet connection. I think it will time out in that case eventually.

5 hours ago, maxload said:

Ok , I delete the folder you mentioned from internal and moved it to external , but when I reopen the app it just creates the folder on internal again...

It should pick up the other folder once you have actual data in it. It needs to find at least one platform before it will pick up the secondary folder.

• Thanks 1

Having problem launching some nes games. It would go to nes.emu game selection screen.  Game works fine if i start the game from there.  Other games would launch properly. Also tried retro arch using the installed core. This would give me a black screen. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.