LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.29 Released

Jason Carr

10 minutes ago, dirtybeagles said:

@Jason Carr i dunno man, i switched over from wifi to Ethernet and it seems to freeze at almost the end of the import. Maybe i am importing too much at once.

What device are you using?

14 minutes ago, Bobbyc1056 said:

Having problem launching some nes games. It would go to nes.emu game selection screen.  Game works fine if i start the game from there.  Other games would launch properly. Also tried retro arch using the installed core. This would give me a black screen. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. 

It's possible that you have some ROMs that are corrupted or not working properly (or didn't transfer properly to your device). That would be my guess, from what you're describing.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Strange. I've tested with my Shield TV a million times, so I'm at a loss on that one. It has to be the Internet connection then I would figure. Does it actually crash or does it just sit there on that screen? Does it ever time out?

Right now it never times out, just sits there. I am trying a few basic troubleshooting steps.

27 minutes ago, dirtybeagles said:

Here is an example, been sitting here for almost 10 minutes

IMG_20191123_142410.jpg

I'll see if I can add a forced timeout to those downloads so that at least it doesn't hold up the entire process in that case. But I'm fairly certain that there's some kind of Internet connection issue that is causing those downloads to fail. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you in the mean time, other than to maybe try a different Internet connection.

19 hours ago, Bobbyc1056 said:

Having problem launching some nes games. It would go to nes.emu game selection screen.  Game works fine if i start the game from there.  Other games would launch properly. Also tried retro arch using the installed core. This would give me a black screen. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. 

Try holding down on the game (long pressing) and selecting different versions). I had that happen with Ds and gba games and selecting a different version of the game got it to work.  

On 11/24/2019 at 3:30 AM, Juju69 said:

Hi,

I'm stuck when trying to import games : launchbox systematically crashes after a couple of seconds. I am using a GPD XD+ (Android 7).

Sounds like it's likely running out of resources (RAM). I have some more optimizations I can do to help, but see if you can close out of other apps first. I tried to look up specs on that GPD XD+, but it seems there are several models with that moniker, so I'm not sure which one you have. When did you purchase it? Do you know the specific model?

Hi, been using Launchbox for a few years, but I’m new to the forums so if this is in the wrong place, sorry in advance. 

I’ve had the android version up and running on a Shield TV for a few weeks now, and it’s been great!  Thanks Jason. The only (very minor) issue I’ve had is that for some reason there’s no platform descriptions for my Arcade and  Gameboy Advance, while all other platforms have one. I’ve imported from the PC version a few times but still the same result. Not sure if it’s something on my end or not, but wanted to bring it to your attention. 

Thanks again for the great work. 

5 minutes ago, orson9999999 said:

Hi, been using Launchbox for a few years, but I’m new to the forums so if this is in the wrong place, sorry in advance. 

I’ve had the android version up and running on a Shield TV for a few weeks now, and it’s been great!  Thanks Jason. The only (very minor) issue I’ve had is that for some reason there’s no platform descriptions for my Arcade and  Gameboy Advance, while all other platforms have one. I’ve imported from the PC version a few times but still the same result. Not sure if it’s something on my end or not, but wanted to bring it to your attention. 

Thanks again for the great work. 

Are you not using standard naming for those platforms? I have GBA imported and it has a description. Also the Android version now allows importing directly on the device (which is how i imported mine) and that asks for the rom folder and for you to specify the platform you are importing.

Screenshot_20191126_131949_com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox.thumb.jpg.c01c87f60067b9d79db37014ebc7c73d.jpg

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

Are you not using standard naming for those platforms? I have GBA imported and it has a description. Also the Android version now allows importing directly on the phone (which is how i imported mine) and that asks for the rom folder and for you to specify the platform you are importing.

Screenshot_20191126_131949_com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox.thumb.jpg.c01c87f60067b9d79db37014ebc7c73d.jpg

Ah, it’s been so long since I imported on my PC version, I forgot that’s a thing. That’s most likely what the problem is, thanks. 

On 11/25/2019 at 5:49 PM, Jason Carr said:

Sounds like it's likely running out of resources (RAM). I have some more optimizations I can do to help, but see if you can close out of other apps first. I tried to look up specs on that GPD XD+, but it seems there are several models with that moniker, so I'm not sure which one you have. When did you purchase it? Do you know the specific model?

Hi @Jason Carr

Thanks for the information. I bought my GPD XD+ in 2018, it has 4GB in RAM and it's CPU is a MT8176 (6 cores). The only model name I can find is "XD Plus".

Hope this helps.

Regards

Edited by Juju69

Hey all, I just uploaded version 0.30 to the Play Store, and I'm hoping that it will fix some stability issues on some devices with the imports. It's not live yet, but Google should be making it live in a few hours or so. If anyone was running into stability issues with the imports, hopefully this will solve it (let me know). :)

• Like 1