LaunchBox Community Forums

Citra.exe Controller issues

atc500x

Ok I'm trying having issues getting a controller set up for citra.exe. I can set up the controllers in citra-qt.exe and everything works fine, but when i try to use that as my launchbox executable I get a Invalid rom format error. When I use citra.exe as the lauchbox executable the game boots fine and i have keyboard support, but i don't have controller support. I have had the same exact results with nightly and canary builds.

I looked in %appdata% and i can find the qt-config.ini, but i can't find a config file for plain citra.exe. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to get launchbox to not throw the invalid format error so I can use citra-qt.exe as my executable?

Or does anyone know how to set up a controller in citra.exe without the GUI?

I'm sure it can be done through the command prompt that program brings up but it sounds very tedious to program that and it's not my strong suit.

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by atc500x

• 4 months later...

Hi @atc500x I had the same exact issue. Thanks for your help.

The only "thing" is that you have to press F11 everytime you launch a game in order to have it fullscreen, but it's a minor issue since now control works fine :) 

Do you know how to launch a game fullscreen directly?

Thanks

7 hours ago, dadykun said:

Hi @atc500x I had the same exact issue. Thanks for your help.

The only "thing" is that you have to press F11 everytime you launch a game in order to have it fullscreen, but it's a minor issue since now control works fine :) 

Do you know how to launch a game fullscreen directly?

Thanks

Paste the AHK below in the Running AHK tab when you go to >Tools>Manage Emulators and edit Citra. The sleep time in the code is just due to Citra on my system opening with a slight lag so you may not need it. It will not cause issues to have it, but you may see Citra windowed first then fullscreen. So you can lower the sleep number if needed.

Sleep, 2500
 SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
 Send {F11}
 Return 

40 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Paste the AHK below in the Running AHK tab when you go to >Tools>Manage Emulators and edit Citra. The sleep time in the code is just due to Citra on my system opening with a slight lag so you may not need it. It will not cause issues to have it, but you may see Citra windowed first then fullscreen. So you can lower the sleep number if needed.

Sleep, 2500
 SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
 Send {F11}
 Return 

If i recall you can also just set it to full-screen in the citra.ini file.

Just now, neil9000 said:

Yeah i havent either, im assuming its still in the ini.

It is. I just fixed mine.

@dadykun I would do what Neil mentioned. If you do not know where the ini file is normally it is located in a roaming folder. Something like below.

C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Citra\config

Make sure fullscreen is set to "true".