LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade games not opening in LB or Retroarch

DwightSchrute

I’m new to this and am having some issues. I have everything for playing game on an external hard drive. It worked in my laptop, but everything ran slow. I moved it over to my pc and now everything works except for Mame/Arcade games. They will initialize but then go back to the main launch box/big box screen. Games will not load in Retroarch either. Any help would be amazing. 

If I transfer the external hd back over to my laptop arcade games work. When I plug it in to my desktop all systems work except for arcade/Mame games. They won’t open in Launchbox or Retroarch. Strange. Same settings because everything is launching from the external hd. Any fixes that you know? What am I missing? 

15 minutes ago, DwightSchrute said:

@Headrush69 Thanks for that. I am not sure why, but even reading tutorials I cannot track with how to do that exactly.  Can you point me to something that might help? 

If you open Mame without Launching a game then click on "Configure Options > Configure Directories > Roms. In this option you can remap to the roms folder. 

Or if it is a simple matter that on the laptop it saw the drive as say E: but your pc sees it as something like D just edit the ini file and change the drive letter if the rest of the path is the same. 

Edit the Mame.ini file located in your mame folder with something like Notepad++ and usually around line 11 or so you will see "rompath" you can edit the rompath there as well. 

you can also right click the windows symbol in the bottom left corner of Windows or use ctrl+x and then choose disk management then when the disks show right click on the disk in question and choose to change the drive letter assigned to it so it matches on both computers.