LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller mapping pause themes?

atc500x

I closed LaunchBox, moved the file out of the folder and it created a new one. when it was relaunched.  I went to configure the pause button and it still had my old value of "W".  I changed it to "P" and launched a game.  It still just pauses the game without going to a pause screen.  Does it store these values somewhere else?  How did it remember the "W"?

38 minutes ago, Cupanther said:

I closed LaunchBox, moved the file out of the folder and it created a new one. when it was relaunched.  I went to configure the pause button and it still had my old value of "W".  I changed it to "P" and launched a game.  It still just pauses the game without going to a pause screen.  Does it store these values somewhere else?  How did it remember the "W"?

The Pause binding of the keyboard is kept in the settings.xaml. Removing the InputBinding was only to maybe clear anything in those might have caused an issue. It was weird that for a few that worked but I was not confident it would again. I know you said you are using only Mame, but you are not by chance running Mame through RocketLauncher are you?

22 minutes ago, Cupanther said:

No I am not using RocketLauncher (don't even know what it is).  I am using MAMEUI 64 version 174 which is launched directly from LaunchBox.

Can you look on your Mame emulator folder and see if the Mame.ini is located in the root folder where the Mame exe is? If it is not and is located in the Ini folder move it to the main folder and test. 

4 hours ago, Cupanther said:

I finally got it working.  I had to check the "force pause screen" box under the emulator settings.  Thanks for all of your help.

LOL. Man I did not even think about the dang check boxes. Glad it is sorted though.

• 1 month later...

I am using Photoshop. I use an XBox 360 controller, so I am making the images with both of those. I've attached an example of my 2 player and 1 player images (2p is blurred for single player games), and one with a trigger

It's slow going, but I am getting there...

28910.jpg

2433.jpg

12056.jpg

Edited by Banditt
Added another image
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 8 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 5:07 PM, Banditt said:

I am using Photoshop. I use an XBox 360 controller, so I am making the images with both of those. I've attached an example of my 2 player and 1 player images (2p is blurred for single player games), and one with a trigger

It's slow going, but I am getting there...

28910.jpg

2433.jpg

12056.jpg

Care to share these and the controller button images you are using? I absolutely love this style!!!

On 2/3/2020 at 12:00 PM, OhBoy said:

My Pause Screens are finished but I'll likely wait a week or two to release them until I'm finished with the matching bezels, and release everything together. Here is a preview of a couple bezels (Both Xbox and DS4 versions, all 4K):

1835733046_ArcadeClassics_Xbox.thumb.png.dc665f3a39c9b710a296b384f50360f5.png550225429_ArcadeClassics_DS4.thumb.png.b986d4a5e3d8c3aa563ab783eb2bff45.png2092730475_ArcadeClassics.thumb.png.2319b8d441bbec0bcbb04b2eb74a98dd.png1734359913_Atari2600_Xbox.thumb.png.f0dc9366ed2d6043e920d7f6845b5082.png1163655656_Atari2600_DS4.thumb.png.8fad5c2b0e2ea158ee2bba51f9def390.png987517033_Atari2600.thumb.png.e9516e5891363fdc91e062a450dbd80f.png

Would you be so kind as to share your bezels?

Edited by CtinD

1 hour ago, CtinD said:

Care to share these and the controller button images you are using? I absolutely love this style!!!

Would you be so kind as to share your bezels?

You can find all of my files here with accompanying Photoshop templates (the preview thumbnails for my bezel pack look like gray squares because of the transparent space in the center. Just click on of the gray thumbnails for the full preview):

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/profile/119322-ohboy/content/?type=downloads_file

Edited by OhBoy

On 2/5/2021 at 11:59 AM, OhBoy said:

You can find all of my files here with accompanying Photoshop templates (the preview thumbnails for my bezel pack look like gray squares because of the transparent space in the center. Just click on of the gray thumbnails for the full preview):

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/profile/119322-ohboy/content/?type=downloads_file

You. Are. Awesome!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I gotta say though, I use gimp and psd files onfuse me. I know this isn't Photoshop workshop so I won't ask you for help with that. I am curious though, where did you get the high res xbone controller and buttons? Is that avail separately? I would love to have these on hand.  

On 2/7/2021 at 5:25 PM, CtinD said:

You. Are. Awesome!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I gotta say though, I use gimp and psd files onfuse me. I know this isn't Photoshop workshop so I won't ask you for help with that. I am curious though, where did you get the high res xbone controller and buttons? Is that avail separately? I would love to have these on hand.  

I found it a long ago from a Google image search. Surprisingly I found both the Xbox One and DualShock 4 images on separate sites like a month apart. They might have been made by the same artist, I'm not sure, but they match very well. Most of the controller images in my packs are from Google image searches, with a few that I made myself (the lower quality ones lol). Here's both controllers incase you need the DS4 too:1677618240_XB1DS4.thumb.png.18107038bcfa6cdeb879079dffddd43e.png

Edited by OhBoy

Aww man, this is fan freaking tastic! Thank you so much!!! You're amazing. I know I'm simping, but these little things turn me into a simp. Lulz

Now then, if I can be a bit more of a pain, can you share your controller buttons that you found? I'm sorry, I'm asking because I use rocket launcher and so I can create some fade screens that are more akin to what I am using already. In short, I want to create overlays rather than completely changing my background. I'll happily share these when I'm finished. God knows I've gained so much from this amazingly selfless community and it's time to give back.

Edited by CtinD