LaunchBox Community Forums

Annoying slowdowns since 10.9 update.

Lukeyboy67

I've noticed a couple of areas where LB has slowed down since the 10.9 update. When I go to the options page it now takes ages to show where before it was instant, I can live with that I suppose but now my Mame games are taking ages to load up too. This is very annoying as before they was almost instant, they work fine when run just on Mame.

Anyone else getting this?

The 10.8 update had some performance issues in Launchbox itself and then Jason released 10.9 which fixed those but there shouldn't be any additional performance problems. The LB Options and Mame games open up fast here for me.

Try rolling back to your 10.7 install if you still have the installer in your \Updates folder and see if that solves the problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

The 10.8 update had some performance issues in Launchbox itself and then Jason released 10.9 which fixed those but there shouldn't be any additional performance problems. The LB Options and Mame games open up fast here for me.

Try rolling back to your 10.7 install if you still have the installer in your \Updates folder and see if that solves the problem.

That was my first thought m8 but me being a ocd freak I deleleted it as soon as I ran 10.8 Is there a link to previous versions?

I'm also having a what I consider a serious big problem with Launchbox 10.9 too.

I know it it's launchbox app, because when I'm in it my mouse hangs for a few seconds then lets go then it hangs again about 20 seconds later.
It does this over and over, like Launch box is doing something in the background.

I've rebooted.
I have a powerful machine.
I even placed a new wired USB Mouse up.
I made sure nothing is loaded, all background apps are shut down.
On my second monitor I move my mouse in a circle. It's perfect.
Then I load Launch box. I do that again on the second monitor. (Nothing is going on in the Launch box app it's just loaded)
Move my mouse in circles it stops, it goes it stops it goes. Over and over it never lets up.
Close out Launchbox. Everything is working fine.
Here the real bummer, if you launch a game in Launch box. It does that in the game as well. 
I've not noticed this problem with big box, just Launchbox 10.9.

For a frontend game launcher it can't have this issue.
I rather have a rollback in features than be unusable.

Can you try a couple of things ?

1) If you are a premium user download my Bad Old Monkey theme and see if it resolves the issue.

2) If you have the old 10.7 installer in your Launchbox\Updates folder install that over top of your current install to roll back to 10.7 and see if that resolves the issue.

This will help figure out if it is the theme or something else in 10.9 causing the issue.

I'm crashing too since the update. If I delete a game from LB, it now scrolls all the way back to the top. So if I delete a "T" game, it now scrolls all the way back to the top. Also, I notice that the game boxes in the list change resolution for a second, then LB crashes (I just get the spinning mouse wheel). I've exited, rebooted the PC and tried again. No luck. 

23 minutes ago, darrenmarchand said:

I just tried the BAD Old Monkey theme with 10.9. Same results. I'm going to try to go back to 10.7. I've never had issues before.

New beta fixes a lot of this. So I would suggest using the beta. Unless you prefer not use betas than your best option is either use "Old Default" theme in 10.9 or revert to 10.7 until next stable release.