LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Manuals

OhBoy

28 minutes ago, OhBoy said:

@Jason Carr I noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to download game manuals after a game has been added to LB. The option is only available when initially adding a game. Or is there a way, and I'm just not seeing it?

Game manuals are not something we provide. You need a emumovies subscription for that. So they are always there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Game manuals are not something we provide. You need a emumovies subscription for that. So they are always there.

I know EmuMovies hosts them, but LB scrapes other media from EmuMovies, so I figured that's what this option did, scrape EmuMovies for manuals:

Untitled-1.thumb.png.679678917e39cd8a85b20721f76be8f5.png

51 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Just bulk edit games then choose >Tools>Download Metadata and Media. In the wizard if you just want to see if manuals are available tick only the checkbox for manuals in the EmuMovies tab and run the search.

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 1.06.55 PM.png

Awesome thanks man! I don't know how I missed that.

• 1 year later...
On 2/20/2020 at 12:08 PM, Retro808 said:

Just bulk edit games then choose >Tools>Download Metadata and Media. In the wizard if you just want to see if manuals are available tick only the checkbox for manuals in the EmuMovies tab and run the search.

Does this still work as the bulk edit has changed some but i no longer see a option to do a bulk edit media and even the one i do find i cant get that screen to show up again, it only shows when first importing games again. 

2 hours ago, slider6996 said:

Does this still work as the bulk edit has changed some but i no longer see a option to do a bulk edit media and even the one i do find i cant get that screen to show up again, it only shows when first importing games again. 

Function still works fine.

1. Select the games

2. Go to >Tools >Download >Update Metadata and Media for selected games.

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 4.27.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 4.30.20 PM.png

On 2/20/2020 at 12:08 PM, Retro808 said:

This is all i see, tried it on several platforms and i dont get the options like u do where it shows select all etc etc or the prioritize option for some reason.

manuals.jpg

In second picture is a fresh install of a rom import and i get the option there. 

manuals 2.jpg

Edited by slider6996

"Ctrl + a" > "All games on your platform should be highlighted" Then go to >Tools>Download Metadata and Media. Go through the steps until you get to EmuMovies. Select >manuals. Then finish. I just tried this and its working here. I dont know why "manuals" are not showing up on your launchbox.

8 hours ago, dano53 said:

To bulk edit in LaunchBox use "Ctrl + a" on your keyboard to select all games.

lol thats literately what i did from start, i been using LB awhile but for some reason the option has dissapeared so i assumed maybe a update did it or something but ya im doing what u guys are suggesting already, i thought maybe was a new method which is why i asked as in the pictures i posted is what i get when i do the normal method, only way it shows up is if i do a new import of roms but on the test i did it didnt even download them so something is wonky some where.  

18 hours ago, slider6996 said:

This is all i see, tried it on several platforms and i dont get the options like u do where it shows select all etc etc or the prioritize option for some reason.

manuals.jpg

From my understanding, this option requires a premium membership from EmuMovies.

18 hours ago, slider6996 said:

In second picture is a fresh install of a rom import and i get the option there. 

manuals 2.jpg

This option isn't for downloading manuals, but to find manuals you already have in your games folder and associate them to your imported games.

4 hours ago, faeran said:

From my understanding, this option requires a premium membership from EmuMovies.

This option isn't for downloading manuals, but to find manuals you already have in your games folder and associate them to your imported games.

Ya thats what i was thinking but wasnt 100% sure on the premium but honestly i just came across Scrapper which i never knew about other day and i just use it now for manuals and to fill in some missing info so its all good was just curious if i was doing something wrong or if the process changed in a update but ya all good. 

8 minutes ago, slider6996 said:

Ya thats what i was thinking but wasnt 100% sure on the premium but honestly i just came across Scrapper which i never knew about other day and i just use it now for manuals and to fill in some missing info so its all good was just curious if i was doing something wrong or if the process changed in a update but ya all good. 

Just be cautious with skraper, as it's known to add backup files within your Data/Platform folders which can mess with your library.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:58 AM, faeran said:

Ya im currently only using it for the manuals and games that have missing data and so far works pretty great if im honest, currently down for maintence untill thursday but ya i kinda recommend it for sure for missing data if launchbox dont find it.