LaunchBox Community Forums

Can we get a import .cue only option

Retro4Ever

Just wondering if it's possible to get a .cue option only import.  Just have a selectable option under "Import Games from Subfolders of the Selected Folder".  That way it doesn't import the .bin files with games that have multiple tracks and mess up the import.

While I agree that an option like this would probably make things easier in the end for users at the same time doing as Rincewind stated definitely does work well. You just navigate to where your files are type *.cue in search highlight all the results and drag them on to the LB window this will initiate the import wizard. The real issue is that for most people this isn't a clear step for adding this stuff. I know when I started using the program back in 2015 I made a similar post and was told this very answer. Since then I actually just do this to import all my games except when its just a single file type I don't have to use search I can just highlight and drag and drop. If an option to type in a file type was added to the wizard I think that it would greatly benefit new users.

2 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Have you tried typing in the search bar *.cue that will then only display all the cue files

2 hours ago, DOS76 said:

While I agree that an option like this would probably make things easier in the end for users at the same time doing as Rincewind stated definitely does work well. You just navigate to where your files are type *.cue in search highlight all the results and drag them on to the LB window this will initiate the import wizard. The real issue is that for most people this isn't a clear step for adding this stuff. I know when I started using the program back in 2015 I made a similar post and was told this very answer. Since then I actually just do this to import all my games except when its just a single file type I don't have to use search I can just highlight and drag and drop. If an option to type in a file type was added to the wizard I think that it would greatly benefit new users.

Guess you two missed this is in the Android section. ;) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SonicFan53 said:

I have a better idea: when it tells you what games there is, before you go to select system, remove everything but the cues

This is for Android you can't just remove/un-select files from the list that it populates when adding a folder.  Even if you could that would be like manually removing 100s of files.

Each game is in their own folder due to them having their own tracks.  It actually involves duplicating the main folder, subfolders and each cue file in that subfolder.  There is only 1 work around that I know of so far and does work, just a little inconvenience.  Just involves going back and forth on a PC.

Edited by Retro4Ever
Revised

9 hours ago, Retro4Ever said:

This is for Android you can't just remove/un-select files from the list that it populates when adding a folder.  Even if you could that would be like manually removing 100s of files.

Each game is in their own folder due to them having their own tracks.  It actually involves duplicating the main folder, subfolders and each cue file in that subfolder.  There is only 1 work around that I know of so far and does work, just a little inconvenience.  Just involves going back and forth on a PC.

Oh. I was thinking you could still do that on Android.

• 3 months later...

Hi all

I figured out how to do this using Sonic Fan's idea of "remove everything but the cues".

If you only save the .cue files to your appropriate folder and than import the games in Android Launchbox, it will pick up only the cue file and add the relevant game without showing any duplicate games. Once this is done, copy the remaining files for each game in to the relevant folder.

i.e. if you have a game called "GameA" and you have GameA.cue, GameA.bin & GameA.WAV . Copy only the GameA.cue file to the folder that you will search to import the game in Launchbox. Once the game is set up in Launchbox, you can then copy the .bin & .wav files over to the same folder which will allow the game to work when selected in Launchbox.

I hope I've described this in an easy to follow manner but if anyone is stuck with this, feel free to reach out.