LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega CD

floodie

hey neil - great so i did that and it worked!.... so before i take the plunge and update RA on my main drive i took a look and noticed what perhaps seems to be an obvious error... see here i am trying to load Sonic CD (USA) yet my region is not set to "Auto" like on the test build i just did, but "Pal"?/.... See picture ... is THIS the problem?!.... if so, i set it back to "auto" but it never seems to save and always end up back at "Pal".. if this is the problem, how do i keep it saying "Auto"?segacd.thumb.jpg.d854e5575f6b9503dea4231aef8ca4b4.jpg

Open game. Set it to auto. Save as core override. It's an option under quick menu, same menu that shows the core options.

If you're doing that and its not saving, its possible that you created a game override for sonic CD. Go into retroarch/configs/[core name] and see if there is a file called "sonic CD (USA).cfg" and delete it. Then repeat above steps. 

36 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

Open game. Set it to auto. Save as core override. It's an option under quick menu, same menu that shows the core options.

If you're doing that and its not saving, its possible that you created a game override for sonic CD. Go into retroarch/configs/[core name] and see if there is a file called "sonic CD (USA).cfg" and delete it. Then repeat above steps. 

Ok will give that a go tomorrow. I was trying everything earlier to save the poxy thing. Thanks for your help. Will feedback, fingers crossed!!!

Ok - so... 

- Went into ..Config/Genesis_Plus_GX/ and moved the Sonic CD cfg file out of there. I did notice that there were over 1500 other CFG files in there too (must be Megadrive, game gear etc too)

- Loaded bigbox > opened Sonic CD  > opened retro arch  > Changed to Auto > saved core override (in the overrides menu) > Restart..... 

When i press restart it doesnt actually restart, just goes back to bigbox... So i reloaded Sonic and same problem :( - Checked and its reverted back to Pal and not saved...

I am assuming amongst those 1500 CFG files there is another keeping it stuck but i am worried to effect any other sega system..

Untitled.thumb.png.d8ef8a56f9d334bfcc54c75872247847.png?!

• 5 weeks later...